Match Thread Everton v Burnley - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really want this to be comfortable like the Brighton game was, was such a weird feeling not hiding my eyes behind the remote control.

Think we will go with Mina and Keane tonight to combat the Ariel threat Burnley have, wouldn't be upset either to see Holgate start right back to combat McNeill and offer more heading ability than Coleman, Coleman could also do with a rest after his injury scare, nothing surer than he limps off after 20 mins holding his hamstring, that would be a disaster.

Be also nice to have a James cameo just so that question can be put to bed, but I doubt Benitez will change his opinion of him.

I really want this to be comfortable like the Brighton game was, was such a weird feeling not hiding my eyes behind the remote control.

Think we will go with Mina and Keane tonight to combat the Ariel threat Burnley have, wouldn't be upset either to see Holgate start right back to combat McNeill and offer more heading ability than Coleman, Coleman could also do with a rest after his injury scare, nothing surer than he limps off after 20 mins holding his hamstring, that would be a disaster.

Be also nice to have a James cameo just so that question can be put to bed, but I doubt Benitez will change his opinion of him.
Yes I'm aware I spelt aerial wrong, I was daydreaming about the mermaid.

Jesus, I’ll be glad once we’re into the winter months and there’s a good enough amount of games played to see if we’re doing a good job under Benitez, so many boring threads with childish back and forth bullshit at the moment based off three league games played.

Reckon we win tonight, first game under the Goodison lights with a crowd in ages and if the team fights like they have done in the first 3 league matches the crowd will respond.

You are right of course, but if we happen to win, then we are level at the top, therefore at this stage we’re still in the mix. So while we have on the face of it no chance of winning or top 4, the data at this stage doesn’t support that. The longer that goes on the more chance we have. Might as well try and enjoy it, plenty of teams are already out of the running
Like who …???

I have memories of last season, shudders.
Is it not always the way that we mess these types of chances up. Would love to see a solid performance and a comfortable victory , but this is the blues.

Inappropriate Language
Fully expecting Everton to bottle Burnley at home and lose 2-0.

Come on lads, don’t be [Poor language removed].

My last game at Goodison was the 2-0 defeat against Norwich which cost Mr Silva his job…
We started with Tosun as a lone striker with DCL and Kean on the bench and waited until only 25 mins to go before making subs lol

Maybe you and I should keep away from Goodison!
You could be onto something there...I've been to 7 Merseyside derbies (home and away), never saw one win. I've seen us lose at home to Newcastle, Charlton, West Ham, just to name a few...

Status
Not open for further replies.