Match Thread Everton v Chelsea - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Liverpool beat Chelsea to the title by 1-3 points I think many might look back to tonight with a different attitude.

As said: played utter trash for the last 5 weeks or so and we'll revert back to it no doubt next week. Damage done though.

Anyway, everyone knows how I feel about that lot and I dont like seeing Everton teams do them favours, not when there's no chance of a CL spot.

Last word from me on this.

Now watch these cowardly players go back into their box from next week.
Dave, with all due respect, I do sometimes genuinely wonder why you even bother when you find it so difficult to enjoy an Everton victory, regardless of the circumstances. As I said.. the fortunes of Liverpool Football Club shouldn't be prioritised over our own - you'll honestly never be happy this way.

Despite getting just 5 points from the last 21, that win tonight puts us just 2 points behind Chelsea, who themselves could have gone top with a win. Absolute crazy season.

All the back 5 played well but I gave my MOM to Godfrey who is starting to settle in after a dodgy start.

Glad to hopefully see an end to the back five, and finally, how the f@@@ is this Moss guy a premier league referee. I have honestly never seen him have a half decent game. He is truly atrocious.

Really tough choice as so many did well tonight especially defensively. Both Godfrey and Keane were superb and deserve the man of the match but noone let us down really. I reckon the biggest shock was Gylfi actually being very good and not being the disaster he normally is.

I've gone for the shock factor and voted Gylfi for the first time and probably only time ever.

Great team performance, having supporters there I think helped.
MOM Godfrey by a whisker from Keane and Holgate. looking forward to a CB partnership of Holgate and Godfrey some time in the future perhaps?....with the latter as captain?
Shows we can win without Rodriguez as well

A lot of good team performances tonight, I think that may be the system to play against teams that have rapid FB’s and wingers, soak up and hit the counter.
Was impressed finally by Iwobi although it did take him 85mins to put a decent cross in. Voted for Keane who marshalled the defence and seemed to block everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.