Match Thread Everton v Chelsea - team prediction, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m pretty convinced you’ll beat us comfortably, although I wouldn’t be massively surprised if we turned you over either. I’d take a draw now but I suspect our lot will not be up for it, so 2-0/3-1 to you. Bah humbug….
It does seem like one of them games were any result wouldn't be a shock, this is exactly the time where we usually smack ourselves in the face just as we get a little bit of momentum and us fans get confidence.

Think one goal wins this game

It does seem like one of them games were any result wouldn't be a shock, this is exactly the time where we usually smack ourselves in the face just as we get a little bit of momentum and us fans get confidence.

Think one goal wins this game
If you score first then yes, we are utterly hopeless. If we score first, only if its’s the last minute of extra time. We are crap.

Reactions: JLW
With a full week to prepare I think we'd do them. But the short turnaround is going to be a big issue imo, and can see them having too much for us due to tired legs.

Hopefully proved very wrong.

Hope we keep the same formation (4-4-1-1) but surely question marks over Coleman so perhaps Young drops back with Tarkowski and Branthwaite.

Onana is a maybe and Garner has more of a chance to come back in. Also Gomes on the bench potentially.

DCL to start tho still looked a bit rusty so Beto as back up.

XI v Chelsea

Pickford
Young - Tarkowski - Branthwaite - Mykolenko
Harrison - Gueye - Garner - McNeil
Doucoure
DCL

We have a surprisingly decent record against these at Goodison in recent years, although we did lose last years game. Difficult to know which version of Chelsea will turn up tomorrow. Hopefully the crap version and we can get a result

we could even be higher if things had gone our way just a little bit more, those early games where we played well with loads of great chances that we got beat, we've had at least 4 cleared off the line, no penalties awarded to us, and the united game could have been very different. I'm scared to say it but we seem to have turned a corner.
The corner was maupay....Now turned is right

Chelsea are poor but they have more options out wide and central than Newcastle. Their big issue is mentality as they've simply won very few matches in last 12 months.

Can see them dropping Silva as looks like age is finally catching up with one of the best CBs in last decade.

Last two games at Goodison have been 1-0s for each so don't think it will be far off that tomorrow, has a 1-1 feeling to me.

I know it sounds negative but it's the reality with Everton. An excellent performance more than likely will be followed with a loss and fume at how we get all the basics wrong. That's just the way it is.
Anyway UTFT and I would be delighted with a point.

Hey, someone said first goal wins and so on. Firstly i'm chuffed Villa are actually in the title race as it stands, but secondly: They're the only team in the league to not concede points from a winning position so far this season.

Gotta add i think our record with that stuff hasnt been too bad this year, especially compared to a lot of the idiotic heartache weve been through in recent years, especially witth Lampard.

Chelsea are unpredictable and shaky, but we're at home and we can smell their weakness. The modern era's original rule-bending, league title-purchasing corrupt oligarch-owned clown club is visiting the bear pit, and our fans are sure to be in beast mode.

Fingers crossed our lads can keep up momentum. Stars are aligning for another righteous 3-0 win i hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.