Match Thread Everton v Crystal Palace - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Played crap, great subs, clean sheet and a win. I'll take that.

Pickford man of the match because if they score that pen I think we would have been beaten. Well in Gomes as well.

Mostly underwhelming for 80+ mins, saved penalty, then chuck on two marginalized strikers and a young questioned winger who create two quick goals and kill off the game.

Quintessential “big club” stuff from Marco and the players.

Walcott shouldn't be considered an automatic starter. I'd consider lookman now. Another egregious miss by Theo today. Anonymous for most of the day. If lookmans head is right he's better, period.

After today I am not sure - he didn't seem to play where Walcott had been, he seemed to be where Sigurdsson had been instead and he looked (admittedly in ten minutes) far superior to how he has been before.

Wan Bissaka was MoM overall but Pickford for us for that save, keane had another good game, Coleman not himself at the minute, not sure he and walcott compliment each other.

Gomes was the reason why he looked so good today; in fact I can't remember as impressive a debut from an Everton player since Coleman's. Everything was done simply, very few mistakes, just kept the ball and used it intelligently.

Partly, and I agree about how good Gomes looked, but Gana just got better after Gomes came off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back