Match Thread Everton v Crystal Palace - Team Prediction, Waffle, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Understand what Dyche is doing setting his stall out to not concede given the players at his disposal that is all he can do,
We have no creatively, no skill no one who can break the lines. Our best players are our defenders, we have very little chance of bothering the scorers the way we're are set up, the only way we stay up is that there are three worse teams worse than us, maybe I'm not too sure.

Not defending the manager as I think he's gone backwards massively in recent months, but imagine having to pick an attacking line up in an almost six-pointer and the best options at your disposal are a striker that hasn't scored in half a season despite starting every game, and two midfielders who can't beat a man and whose first touch kills the attack dead.

With two said wingers having been stinking the place out for months you drop one to the bench in favour of... 38/39 year old full back Ashley Young as an attacking option.

Absolutely pitiful and humiliating options.

crab-note-cards-2604_ea22e517-4aa1-4560-a7e6-43b136862202.jpg

….still not sure how Doucoure missed that chance at the back post. The players looked terrified and the crowd are understandably frustrated and nervous. The selection of Young was odd, I’d be interested to see if Harrison is carrying a knock and being protected.

Dyche continues to make us difficult to beat which has to be his strategy given what he has at his disposal. Monies look completely wasted on inept central strikers and is something the Manager has to deal with.

Considering our record after conceding first, we did well to battle back for a point.

Onana made a huge difference when he came on last night, he’s the only player we have who comes close to being able to dictate a game for us. Unsurprising that the majority of our pressure came while he was on the pitch keeping the ball moving.

Our lack of pace is a massive frustration. Godfrey's charge forward in the second half was the only time someone got their foot on the ball and drove forward.

By law of averages we've got to start scoring soon… the number of chances we miss is mind bending. Doucoure's from 2 yards out, DCL with 2 headers and I thought Garner should have done better with his effort. On another day McNeill would have had 4 assists.

Disappointing result, but a draw keeps the points ticking over and our heads above water. Importantly, we're now pretty much back to full strength with Onana and Doucoure returning, and I wouldn’t have an issue leaving Godfrey at full back while Coleman is out.

No need to panic blues.

I get the lack of genuine pace on the wings and the lack of creativity in the middle. What concerns me the most was the lack of energy and aggression from the first min. Everything was slow from goal kicks, to taking thrown ins the lot, we really need to up the tempo at home to make teams work. It was to easy for palace last night up until we scored. As dyche ran them into the ground in first half of the season or is it a poor team low on confidence? Or both.

….still not sure how Doucoure missed that chance at the back post. The players looked terrified and the crowd are understandably frustrated and nervous. The selection of Young was odd, I’d be interested to see if Harrison is carrying a knock and being protected.

Dyche continues to make us difficult to beat which has to be his strategy given what he has at his disposal. Monies look completely wasted on inept central strikers and is something the Manager has to deal with.
Yep. If he scored that (and he should have) it couldv'e been a different story and all the talk of pathetic tactics, couldn't be arsed, etc would have been strangely absent from this forum.