Match Thread Everton v Crystal Palace - Team Prediction, Waffle, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
While I don’t wish Roy ill, it’s an absolute disgrace if they are pretending he is as they’re about to sack him. And if he is ill they should perhaps have said nothing knowing no one would believe that given the reports of his imminent sacking.

I think most accept Roy’s time there is over but there’s a right way to go about things.
You think they should have let him do the Press Conference ?

You think they should have let him do the Press Conference ?

I don't think the club have told him no, I think he's just jibbed it - like he tried to do when England manager.

If I was him I'd have done it - be professional, whatever happens continue to do the job until told otherwise. Players will be ready for Everton. Talk up achievements there, challenges, thank fans. If club go in another direction he knows he's done all he can. Whatever.

I don't think the club have told him no, I think he's just jibbed it - like he tried to do when England manager.

If I was him I'd have done it - be professional, whatever happens continue to do the job until told otherwise. Players will be ready for Everton. Talk up achievements there, challenges, thank fans. If club go in another direction he knows he's done all he can. Whatever.
Here’s a thing though. Maybe a 76 year old man under horrific pressure is ill. Makes you think though.

West Ham might have been a better option for him, if they were interested
1C6FE3DB-C6B0-4E34-BB7E-2119C3F58919.webp

Didn't he take training just before it?

My main point though is I can't see the club pretending he's ill as justification to sack or, or an excuse to not have a press conference.
Journos pounding him with questions about his future and the rumours of his successor, meanwhile deal with the new guy not quite over the line.
Don’t put Roy through the ringer in case the deal falls through and we need him to stay. I can see loads of clubs doing this or similar. I’m ashamed that Palace would be one of them.

Journos pounding him with questions about his future and the rumours of his successor, meanwhile deal with the new guy not quite over the line.
Don’t put Roy through the ringer in case the deal falls through and we need him to stay. I can see loads of clubs doing this or similar. I’m ashamed that Palace would be one of them.

He's had that for a while now hasn't he?

But yeah, can see why the club and Hodgson wouldn't want to do it - but I'm saying if it was me, personally. I would have done. He's got nothing to be ashamed of but can understand why you'd think "be arsed with that"

Should have sacked him after Chelsea or just kept things as is until Tuesday morning. You kind of expect owners to be ruthless but Roy kept them up twice and deserved a bit more respect.
The respect he is getting is protecting him from the journos who have been hounding him for weeks while a deal for the new man is finalised. It’s not ruthless, but good sense not to sack a manager at this time of the season before a new one is ready to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back