Match Thread Everton v Crystal Palace - Team Prediction, Waffle, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I know Dom didn't score but he played well tonight. It ain't his fault our right winger is the slowest attacking player in the top four divisions.

In the first half we were just set up to play on the counter attack. We were really easy to defend against and just played loads of aimless long balls.

Harrison gave us an outlet in the second half, something we never had in the first 45 minutes.
I've said before that a lot of his problem right now is that we're essentially forcing him to try to be a Harry Kane or Erling Haaland one chance / one goal sort of striker, because our other players give him so few real opportunities per game. Yes, he should still score that one he gets, but that's just not the level of player he is (nor are most - only the best do that, really). He needs more than one chance to score, and we aren't giving it to him.

I agree that he did a lot of the other things well tonight. Just didn't click around him.

Start that game with the team that finished it and we win it eight times out of ten, cowardly team selection from Dyche, needed to set the tempo from the first minute
This. Feels like his first thought in team selection is ‘how can we make ourselves hard to beat?’ rather than ‘how can we win this game?’ That line up might be ok if we’re playing City or Arsenal where we need to defend our box and don’t have much of the ball.
In a game like today, or most of the remaining home games, we’re going to have more of the ball so need players who can do something proactive with it. That means Garner, Onana and Doucoure in midfield, an pacy right winger- either Dobbin or Harrison, and an actual right back at right back. Have to be braver.

Ignore the fact we have 10 points deducted.
Ignore the fact that we are going to deducted more.
Ignore the fact we have to play forest and Luton and both look a better bet to win than us.
Also forget the fact we can’t perform in must win games.

Ignoring all that, we are showing relegation form.
I think we are done tbh.

What has happened to DCL man, 3-4 years ago he was a monster the next big thing in the EPL, I understand the lad's had some pretty shocking luck with Injuries, but looks like he hardly gives a toss nowadays.

Never known such a talented player to just fall into obscurity.
Nah he still cares, it’s partially tactics and partially an utter drop in confidence

Next game: Brighton (a). Shudder to think what they're going to do to us. De Zerbi will definitely be playing back the 5-1 so they show us the "Real Briyytuuhn"

I've said before that a lot of his problem right now is that we're essentially forcing him to try to be a Harry Kane or Erling Haaland one chance / one goal sort of striker, because our other players give him so few real opportunities per game. Yes, he should still score that one he gets, but that's just not the level of player he is (nor are most - only the best do that, really). He needs more than one chance to score, and we aren't giving it to him.

I agree that he did a lot of the other things well tonight. Just didn't click around him.
Trouble is, he’s turned into a one year per goal striker.