Match Thread Everton v Crystal Palace - Team Prediction, Waffle, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's just garbage football in the hope of surviving to play more garbage football and maybe go for the giddy sights of 12th/13th place.

There's literally no point because there's just no fun at all in anything we do. The odd goal, the odd half decent performance...that's our lot.
Has been the same with a few minor fluctuations for 30+ years and we still pump money in to it. It’s not changing anytime soon my friend.

Just watched the post-match interview with James Tarkowski. I am immensely proud that he is an Everton player. A real "warrior" who will put himself on the line for this club. I want him to finish his career as an Everton player and my hope is that we'll celebrate him and gibe him the credit he deserves.

It's just garbage football in the hope of surviving to play more garbage football and maybe go for the giddy sights of 12th/13th place.

There's literally no point because there's just no fun at all in anything we do. The odd goal, the odd half decent performance...that's our lot.
Couldn’t sum it up any better. Just enduring every performance. Win, lose or draw it’s always drab.

Next game: Brighton (a). Shudder to think what they're going to do to us. De Zerbi will definitely be playing back the 5-1 so they show us the "Real Briyytuuhn"
We play better against those better teams...looking forward actually more to that game than the game tonight where deep down you knew we would throw it away.

I've said before that a lot of his problem right now is that we're essentially forcing him to try to be a Harry Kane or Erling Haaland one chance / one goal sort of striker, because our other players give him so few real opportunities per game. Yes, he should still score that one he gets, but that's just not the level of player he is (nor are most - only the best do that, really). He needs more than one chance to score, and we aren't giving it to him.

I agree that he did a lot of the other things well tonight. Just didn't click around him.
Wise words.

The thing is Haaland and Kane miss chances (the former missed loads against Chelsea) but as we're not watching them as closely we are far kinder to other team's players.

Dom gets very few chances playing for us as the service is far inferior.

Those two headers tonight were far from sitters but the armchair critics just destroy him and ignore the other things in the game that he did well.

I know Dom didn't score but he played well tonight. It ain't his fault our right winger is the slowest attacking player in the top four divisions.

In the first half we were just set up to play on the counter attack. We were really easy to defend against and just played loads of aimless long balls.

Harrison gave us an outlet in the second half, something we never had in the first 45 minutes.
No it isn't his fault that he hasn't scored in 20 games and missed 2 sitters tonight