Match Thread Everton v Crystal Palace - Team Prediction, Waffle, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The atmosphere last night was absolutely awful, worst one for a long time,
I know we rely on the team to get us going but that was bad,
It's like we've resigned ourselves to the situation we're in and can't do nothing about it. Sad

That is a result of years of disappointment and flattering to deceive imo.

As much as some fans have done my head in over the years with the way they go about disagreeing on certain things, at the very least they turn up in numbers.

Look at Aston Villa during their difficult times, 2016 in particular, empty holt end and ended up relegated that year.

Newcastle under the latter years of Mike Ashley , some Geordies stayed away. You are not seeing that here.

The club is very fortunate given what they have done over time particularly last January , that apathy has not crept in and there isn’t empty seats at Goodison.

I make no apologies for my view, sack Dyche now, any manager who sees and selects a 38 year old instead of Onana needs sacking. His tactics are awful, pathetic to watch, every game the same old rubbish, go now Dyche and save us any more misery watching your dire football.

Theres enough so called experts at Finch Farm supposedly analysing our play. Presumably, they dont see that our players look knackered ...the static midfield offering no out balls to defenders...squandered passes to the opposition... dilatory possession inviting swarms of opposition. If they can't see all this and players like Garner and McNeil letting their heads drop, they're neither use nor ornament

Massive opportunity lost. Manager and players completely bottled it.

Bottled might be a bit far but christ that first 45 minutes was so bad in terms of urgency on the pitch. And everytime the camera went to the sidelines the bench were sitting there laughing and joking. I just thought is anyone realising how big this game is.
New manager in the stand would have gave them a slight lift but its still not enough to have been so lame. They had easly their best 3 players out aswell.
Huge opportunity missed. I can take we are often not good enough in terms of quality. But last night it took almost 70 minutes to get up for the fight.

Absolute dross last night against a crap palace team there’s is no excuse, only started to put pressure on them when 1.0 down. What really makes me angry is the fact we’ve played about 24 games and we train everyday and still we can’t string 3 passes together and god forbid any pressure is applied to our players in possession they panic and fold like a pack of cards. Watched McNeil over wallop a simple pass to Mykolenko out of play a pass my 14 yr old grandson would’ve made.

I was at the game last night and the feeling I had was the events of the last few months with the appeal process dragging on etc is affecting the crowd and it has to be affecting the team. That’s not an excuse the last 3 years have been pretty horrible. The team only seemed to have a go after going behind like they are waiting for something to happen. I wasn’t a 100% with the team selection but we were very passive for the 1st hour of the game. I think it has got to affect the mentality of everyone associated at the club and that’s not a critisism of players or fans but we are been treated like [Poor language removed] here. The premier league are a disgrace for allowing this process to drag on this long.