Everton v Fulham - 6th April KO 7:30pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welton Toffee

Player Valuation: £40m
Right then. This is a MUST win after the Villa result. Here's hoping...

efc__1162650913_fulhameverton_gallery4.jpg

All match talk in here

Last edited:
3-0 to us.

But im still not confident :sad:

COYBB!

Can we change the front page to that pic Rodders or does a admin have to do it?

I have a good feeling we will be fifth at the end of business on Sunday. Spurs, Bolton and Reading are all gonna loose, and we are gonna win!!!!

It was a pretty scrappy start by the blues and the first goal was a result of some sloppy defending but since then we've come back pretty well. The first and third goals in particular were very good and it's nice to see two new names on the scoresheet for the season, spread the goals around a bit. Few more would be nice in the second half :cool:

Rollercoaster first half started badly and came on mid way through were lucky that the ball has broken for us Fulhams game plan is now out the window i.e. sitting back and looking for a draw. Really poor defebding for the oppurtunity of and their actual goal.

All credit to Carsley and Stubbs showed great experience and calm to take the game by the scruff of the neck when we were one nil down and not just their goals, their composure has settled those around them and allowed us to bring our quality players into the game. Hopefully wel get more on the break in the second half.

2 old men + 2 young guns = 50 points!

Now - come on Wign, do us a favour (Chelski too)!

What a result. Hope Vic's OK though.

MOM - Cars for sure.

50 points, 5th in the table and a goal difference of + 16, Happy days.

We started slowly, Fulham were first to all the 50/50 ball's, and it was no great surprise when they took the lead, their goal was needed to wake us up, and wake up we did, Carsley, with a neat flick off the outside of his right foot from a difficult angle 1-1.
Fair play to Fulham, they kept coming forward and at times looked like they were the home team, but up popped Stubbs with a great header, 2-1, we seemed to find another gear after that and it was no surprise when young Vaughan added a third with a brilliantly taken goal from a neat pass from Arteta on the stroke of half time.
Second half started the same as the first, Fulham enjoyed their best spell and went close on numerous occasions with a handfull of free headers that either went high or wide, you felt that if they had converted one of their chances to make it 3-2 that they could have gone on to secure a draw.
AJ, Arteta and Vaughan ( Moyes with one eye on the Bolton game on Monday ) were substituted for Naysmith, Beattie and Vic, by now we were well in control and although Fulham never gave up the ghost Big Vic added a fourth with virtually his first touch of the ball, a neatly placed shot to the right hand corner of the net, sadly he was to go off with an ankle injury soon after.
To sum up, not our best performance by far, although some of our passing and attacking play at times was sharp and incisive, but all our goals were quality and our finishing was the difference between the sides, Fulham on another day could have scored four themselves.
AJ, Arteta, Carsley, Stubbs and Vaughan were our best players on the night, the scoreline flattered us a bit, Fulham had more of the possesion but we dug deep and our persistence and will to win was there for all to see.

Three more vital points in our quest for european football.

Bring on Bolton.

COYB

Well thats more like it!!

I've just finished watching a replay of the game, a resounding victory in the end. But I have to say, it could so have been a very different story if Fulham had taken even half of their chances. We did the old 'sit back on the lead' game plan after the break, and I had this sickening feeling of a Fulham comeback. And although it never did materialise, I still didn't enjoy the second half, athough Victors contribution (small as it was) I thought was excellent. Still not quite sure why he is not favoured in place of Vaughan?!

The boys have done the job, and now we wait ... chelski should down spurs, unfortunately I cant see wigan coming to the party, but we can hope!

5th​

Brilliant lads, c'mon Everton you are doing us proud.​

Just seen Moyes' post match interview, the interviewer was pressing Moyes' that surely europe was possible now.

Moyes was having none of it, but with a glint in his eye and a ' Mona Lisa ' smile, calmly said that a top ten finish was almost guaranteed.

I like his style, i'm so proud of everything that he has done for our club.

Last edited:
Brilliant result but quite a strange game, first off the goal scorers- Carsley? Stubbs? Bocanegra??!!! WTF?!

Did anyone else notice the strange confidence Neville was playing with- especially in the 1st half. He skinned a player by the left back corner flag, he back heeled it twice (and it got to where it was intended) And generally looked very comfortable.

Carsley was superb especially after his head whack, but the man of the moment and the match was without a doubt Mr Mikel Arteta- this guy is different gravy and if we lose him it will be the biggest loss our club would ever suffer in modern times.

i thought lescott was f***ing outstanding, the precision of his passing yesterday was brilliant, i expect it from arteta, but seeing one of our defenders step up and apply such skill really is fantastic.

On a related note, dont hold your breathe just yet but chelsea are one up on spurs - looks like 2 defeats in 3 days for tottenham, long may that continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back