Match Thread Everton v Fulham - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

ev

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely embarrasing. Thank good I've got a date night with my gf so I've got an excuse not to watch this utter turd.

The mentality of Everton football club is so infuriatingly consistent.

We have a chance of going fourth-equal on points, and drawing level on points with the RS (with two games in hand on them, and a week before the derby) so what do you think Everton will do?

Of course. Bottle it.

Reactions: Ivo
Even under Moyes we had the potential to ‘Everton that’ but we’d at least go down fighting, this shower are an embarrassment to this club, gutless, cowards, rolling over. Sickening.
Carlos will have a war chest to sort this in the summer, some of these we will never see in an Everton shirt again.

Hamez is suffering because he isn't played in the right position; teams long ago figured out he isn't going to track back and being one of a front three means he usually only has two players to work with. He'd be better as the furthest forward of a three-man midfield, with Richy / DCL / hypothetical right sided forward, as he'd have more players to aim at and there wouldn't be a gap (as teams would naturally try to man-mark him to stop that).

Carlo's main flaw this season is to be a decent human being and give these squad players a chance to redeem themselves; he'd (and we'd) be better giving the likes of Nkounkou a chance.
Good points. In any event, we find ourselves right back in “square pegs in round holes playing like rancid garbage” territory.

Once Everton has touched you.

Was going to watch this on bt, but thought it was an 8pm kick off lol
Just logged in to GOT to see this, 0-2. wtf is this all about after Wednesday’s high?

Carlo again wrong team selection plus crap subs a defender on when1-0 down FGS.

Team selection was more than good enough to beat this fulham team...we got away without playing first half because Fulham are a terrible team...we've been even worse 2nd half...

This is all down to the player's...anytime we are a win away from putting ourselves in a great position for top 4, we fall to pieces....

It means you don’t start pressing the ball until the opposition are in your half. Even at that it’s not a proper press it’s cutting off angles which in our case is to try force the opposition to play through the middle. Works in chess, not in football
So you mean it's playing deep with two banks of four? It sounds like a new fangled US term for an age old strategy.

I think the manager got it wrong tonight
In the front six only Richarlison and Doucoure have speed.
JR, Gomes and Sigurdsson are just slow.
Tom Davies isn't slow but isn't rapid either .

I do think it was a night for King preferably or Iwobi to start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back