Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Match Thread Everton v Fulham (Sat 29th 15:00)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ages of the starting eleven in brackets:

GK: Pickford (24)

RB: Kenny (21)

LB: Digne (25)

CB: Keane (25)

CB: Zouma (23)

DM: Gueye (28)

AM: Sigurdsson (28)

AM: Davies (20)

RW: Walcott (29)

LW: Richarlison (20)

ST: Calvert-Lewin (21)

Great to see our young group of players stepping up today. Keep the core of these youngsters together for the next few years and see what we can achieve. Proud to be Blue today.

Gueye and Gylfi have just turned 29, but yeh, it's a good point you make!

We rode our luck today but ayes dome lovely stuff in the second half

Just need to defend better and we've got a good team

Yep, first half we were cagey and predictable and they nearly made us pay.

Second half we were much more composed throughout and bar one or two iffy moments, well deserving of the three points.

I don’t think he has what it takes if we’re aiming for top six. Everton will need better.
You may well be right. His finishing is certainly a concern I'd be lying if I said I have been impressed with him as a premier league striker but if you think of his age and the influence he does seem to have on games hes doing something right. Today he was utterly anonymous but still somehow got a penalty, bad decision in my eyes, but still it's something from nothing and he does that a fair bit.

If he can go on loan and improve his movement and work on his finishing then theres opportunity for him at everton. Maybe not as a starting striker but when you think of the lack of options we've historically had in that position hes got something to offer us i think.

Nothing changes my opinion mate the manager looks clueless at the moment and is giving himself major problems by playing garbage players week after week regardless of performances.

Hopefully Mina and Gomes come in against Leicester.

Bernard being snubbed is baffling.

lol

Weird comments.

Go on, who would you play as opposed to all those garbage players, and what garbage players put in garbage performances today?

Kenny played well. Keane was good. Davies was good. Gana was good. DCL didn't have his best game but did the job and won the pen. He did what he's good at which is put Fulham on the back foot when we played it in behind. Tosun came on and got his goal. Gyfli scored two great goals and overall had one of his best games despite the penalty mess.

Go spout your nonsensical crap elsewhere, please.

The manager has his faults, certainly. 'Looking clueless' isn't one of them, and neither is persisting with garbage players, especially when those players are all we have available.

Bernard is being eased in, and rightly so. He's about 5ft 4 and is based on pace and trickery. He also happens to play in the same role that our best attacking player does, so that's why he's a sub. He came on and showed his quality.

Mina and Gomes aren't fit. That's why they haven't been involved.

So no, a settled side is what's important. We finally went unchanged today and put in probably our best display in that second half, and certainly got our best result.

Good 2nd half performance and vital clean sheet too :-) The last 3 years after we missed a penalty we disappeared and hide but today the team and Glyffi stood up and got us the win :-) Hopefully the start of something progressive today !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back