Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton v Leicester City. 22nd Feb at 14.05.

Where is Leicester

• East of Birmingham

Votes: 34 16.8%
  • Just above and wide of Anglia

Votes: 20 9.9%
  • Somewhere by London

Votes: 14 6.9%
  • Everton win

Votes: 134 66.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will say it again as I usually do after each game. When the opposition have the ball in our half we tend to rush back to defend the box and leave the opposition players with all the space in the world. We are not good at marking players and seem to let them find space so easily to cause us problems. Look at young boys goal against us when everyone rushed back to defend the box and left the scorer with acres of space to pick up a pass then finish the job off.

I'm not sure it's even that. We didn't play with one winger last season.

All [Poor language removed] season too.

It really bugs me that we only play with one winger, especially against a team who are happy to sit back. Also, someone mentioned it above, Naismith and Barkley keep moving into the same space, just got to try something different. Funny thing is, a sub will be made around the 70 minute mark, it will still be 0-0, and it will be Lennon off and Mirallas on.

I fully expect Lukaku to score but do nothing else, and for people to bum him for it on here. Replace him with Kone and you'll see us be 100% better because of the style we're playing, which Lukaku is precisely gash at operating in.

Not really worried at all about a defeat here, but I am worried about how goddamn bad our system is.

Thing is, it's not the system, it's the personnel/positions of said personnel. We're not playing to our "star", so to say, players' strengths. Lukaku can slot if there's service, but this rarely happens as our game doesn't depends on it any more. Naismith and Barkley look completely out of place in the positions they're in, and offer absolutely nothing. In Casper's case it's more or less because he has the technical ability of a potato, but Barkley is a shadow of his last season self.

It's like Martinez really wants this to work, but logic dictates it's not going to, however that doesn't seem to stop him. Don't know if it's not because of the [Poor language removed] ups early on that he just wants stability, which I could understand, but we're sacrificing way too much just to be somewhat solid.

Booing helps on one however, calm your tits, you tits.

Ninjaedit: Agreed on the "not worried about a loss" here.

our only threat was on the counter but leicester stopped attacking and we were lost. they desperately need 3 points and we're there for the taking as ever, so hopefully they'll play into our hands.

This Is very hard work today,people who though after the young Boys game we would just click think again,scrappy 1-0 today and I'd be happy,but we'd be lucky to get that if we keep playing like this.

Thing is, it's not the system, it's the personnel/positions of said personnel. We're not playing to our "star", so to say, players' strengths. Lukaku can slot if there's service, but this rarely happens as our game doesn't depends on it any more. Naismith and Barkley look completely out of place in the positions they're in, and offer absolutely nothing. In Casper's case it's more or less because he has the technical ability of a potato, but Barkley is a shadow of his last season self.

It's like Martinez really wants this to work, but logic dictates it's not going to, however that doesn't seem to stop him. Don't know if it's not because of the [Poor language removed] ups early on that he just wants stability, which I could understand, but we're sacrificing way too much just to be somewhat solid.

Booing helps on one however, calm your tits, you tits.

Ninjaedit: Agreed on the "not worried about a loss" here.

So it's the system then isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back