Match Thread Everton v Leicester City - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lircester always have good CB's, strong and creative midfield and nuisance attackers. WE will need to have more than DCL upfront, a strong 3 in midfield and be fleet of foot at the back.
I'd go...
Pickford
Patterson, Coady, Tarkowski, Mykolenko
Gana, Onana
Iwobi, McNeil
DCL, Maupay

Radical?

Got to hurt them from crosses and set pieces where we know they’re weak.

Pickford
Patterson Coady Tarky Myko
Onana Garner
Gray Iwobi McNeil
Dom

Onana to do the Gana’s job and be a set piece threat.
Id love him to.do that, be boring to go unchanged, mix it up a bit, Gordon needs the bench.

They're better than their results show and Maddison, Barnes and Vardy can do a lot of damage.

We should be OK, though. I'd try DCL and Maupay up front together and see if it works.

Gana or Onana to pick up Tielemans. he's the metronome in the middle and allows the the like of Maddison and Barnes the freedom to do damage.

Hoping for a Crystal Palace style performance
He's honestly our best player by a country mile. His technique is unrivalled, just lacks a bit of pace. As you say they He's the focal point and keeps us ticking over

Mad team leicester, got some real quality players, got quality players who never seeM fit ( ndidi etc )

But then they have absolute crabs like ward in goal.

Hate Brenda with a passion so UTFT

Got to hurt them from crosses and set pieces where we know they’re weak.

Pickford
Patterson Coady Tarky Myko
Onana Garner
Gray Iwobi McNeil
Dom

Onana to do the Gana’s job and be a set piece threat.
Gana works hard for ninety minutes and is always looking to go and pass forward, until Onana can do that Gana will always be on the team sheet before the new young Onana, for me, Onana plays well, sometimes very well but only in patches, he will, hopefully,become a key player for the Blues in the future.

The side that has to open up to chase the game could have a bad time here. Make no mistake, we'll be after three points this time. Leicester will be as well. I think we can stay up on ten wins. I don't know that they can.

I think we're stuck going three in midfield to counter theirs. Coady and Tarkowski should be able to keep Vardy quiet if we do a job in the center of the pitch. McNeil in for Gordon to shut down the more dangerous wing.

They have been conceding from open play rather than corners, unlike last season. Need to find another moment of magic or two in attack.

These are on a bit of an upward curve. Will be tricky considering we can't score. Danny Ward in nets though, just fire it at him.

He was terrible start of season but they've kept four clean sheets out of last six games, last week only a world class De Bruyne free kick beat them aswell.

Just got to fire the crosses in and see what he does I think.

Will go for 1-1 which was my prediction for Palace at home....

He's honestly our best player by a country mile. His technique is unrivalled, just lacks a bit of pace. As you say they He's the focal point and keeps us ticking over

I'm amazed Tielemans is still there. Dosen't he only have six months left on his deal so very un Leicester just to let him go on free transfer.

Perhaps he's thinking a good world cup and CL team will come in for him in January but not sure Belgium will do that well.

I'm amazed Tielemans is still there. Dosen't he only have six months left on his deal so very un Leicester just to let him go on free transfer.

Perhaps he's thinking a good world cup and CL team will come in for him in January but not sure Belgium will do that well.
Yeah it's very unlike us but to be honest it's just been a joy to have him. That FA cup winning goal alone has made it worthwhile.

Unlikely he'll sign a new deal

Saturday night, under the lights, last home game before the World Cup, fans up for it, can see a repeat of Palace and a comfortable win for the Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.