Match Thread Everton v Luton Town - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven’t even got the energy to be angry any more. This was entirely predictable. Players who have bottle it time and time again arrogantly think that having won 2 in a row for the first time in ages they can just turn up to beat Luton.

Then Dyche picks the same dysfunctional midfield that failed against Fulham, failed against Wolves and failed against Arsenal. In a game where we needed to play on the front foot, he picks players who just run around a lot in Onana, Gana and Doucoure. James Garner is again shunted out to the wing and when it’s too late he changes it but Luton can just sit back because they have a lead to hold on to.

Dyche will say we created chances in the first half and will talk about ‘moments’.

The football club deserves to be relegated. The pathetic efforts of the past 2 seasons and losing the first 4 home games of this one, 3 of them against probable bottom half finishers, scoring only 1 goal in the process.

The fans deserve better. This has been an utterly crushing period in this club’s proud history. In our last 23 home games we have won just 6 times. Unforgivable.

Trying to think through a calm mind, I don’t really want to change managers again. Repeating the same cycle AGAIN seems ludicrous. However, if we can’t get 10 points from 10 games, that’s it for me.
We have to do what Dyche won’t and make a change while it can still be impactful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back