Match Thread Everton v Luton Town - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Blackpool 1989. How things change yet remain the same. Here we have one die-hard Everton fan (me, 2nd left) and four Luton Town fans. Everton finished 6th in the 1989-90 (old) 1st Division and Luton just escaped relegation - as they did the following season until getting relegated the season after that - not returning until promotion last season.

I don't expect it to end Everton 1-4 Luton but it's ironic I came across this photo this morning.

As for the photo, there weren't so many smiles ten minutes later as we hurtled around The Big One!

View attachment 229520
Apparently that was 1999, not 1989. Would make me a youthful-looking 47

Just need to score early, when they cannot just try and frustrate us we should be fine. The longer it stays nil-nil the more nerve wracking it becomes, the more pressure on the team to force it and likely do more booboos.

A win in anyway, shape or form will cap the best week we’ve had for some time. Last time we won 3 on the bounce was Feb-Mar 2021(Liverpool, Southampton and WBA). Last time we had 3 wins in a week was Dec 2020, the same season (Chelsea, Leicester and Arsenal).

Back to today, the crowd are always up for it, but after the past 2 performances the players will hear a different roar from the crowd as they walk out to Z-Cars. I think we’ll have them up for it from the off.

3-1 to the blue fellas!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back