Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he'll go:

Young Tarkowski Branthwaite Mykolenko

--------------------Gueye
Harrison ---------Onana------------McNeil

----------------Doucoure
---------------------Beto

If it goes wrong and we have to change we have options. Garner, Danjuma and DCL off the bench are real options too.
Think DCL will start and just give him an hour enough time to get a healthy lead.

Although its a great opportunity to get Beto off the mark with a PL goal

I wouldn't have Young as RB as their LW has pace to burn. Young would get skinned for pace and probably end up with at least a yellow.

Besides that we will need to be on top of our possession game so I'd leave Doucs on the bench. I'd start with Beto because Luton are suss on high balls.

Doucs and DCL off the bench 2nd half.

I'm going for 2:0 to us.

Think DCL will start and just give him an hour enough time to get a healthy lead.

That will be the only change, Young at left back if our left back is injured he will alter the midfield back to Garner on the wing .... the side that won at Brentford - forgetting the win at villa where the midfield was far more effective - COYB .....

Beto has done nothing wrong apart from not get a PL goal.

He's the one that makes it all happen for us upfront. If he was dropped to the bench it'd possibly damage his morale.

Nothing wrong with having some optimism ahead of a match but the danger is being over optimistic and hence complacent. I remember when we were sitting 5th playing Sunderland at home, who were bottom of the league and actually adrift. Martinez was ‘in charge’, the stats showed Sunderland had one shot, yet they won. Instead of going 4th that was the beginning of the end for that fraud.

Bizarre that people are talking about slotting Ptterson in at RB when we've just gained balance in the last two games at the back in the PL with Young replacing him.

There's almost no chance Dyche goes with Patterson at RB today.

We have to be humble here. The notion that we're THAT much better than Luton we don't have to work our socks off and treat this like a cup final is ridiculous.

Bizarre that people are talking about slotting Ptterson in at RB when we've just gained balance in the last two games at the back in the PL with Young replacing him.

There's almost no chance Dyche goes with Patterson at RB today.
He might see this as a good opportunity to start Patterson as they are / should be an easier challenge

He might see this as a good opportunity to start Patterson as they are / should be an easier challenge

I'd be staggered if he picked Patterson. Only an injury to either Mykolenko or Young will stop them from being starters today.

And there's literally no team in this league that can't come to Goodison and win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back