Match Thread Everton v Luton Town - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We just don’t know what conversations go on between player, physio, management etc… Played 60 odd minutes the other night, been out for a while, maybe just taking it easy with his minutes.
He’s played 60 minutes, has 2 days rest and is on the bench. That would suggest to me he could start and do another 60 minutes. The treatment of these footballers is getting ridiculous. Ok they are top athletes but if you can’t play another 60 minutes after 2 days rest then god help you if you ever need to get a “normal” job.

Garner on the right, Gana in the team, the opponents are Luton town. Why on earth didn't Soundbite Sean play Garner alongside Onana again and let them dominate the centre midfield. I think Gana is past his best, but even if he wasn't, we should have more need of a creative midfielder than a destroyer at home to Luton.

I think we will win anyhow, but we should be using every bit of creativity we have in centre mid against a team who are going to challenge us to find a way through them.

Not the best XI but probably the most predictable.
Dyche's goal here is not to lose.
I think Beto to start would have been a better way psychologically for all concerned. After two wins piling the pressure on Dom at Goodison doesnt seem smart. Beto still has plenty of 'new player goodwill' so starting him and subbing in Dom made sense.
As for pushing Garner into the RM position - where is Doms supply coming from in that midfield.
Clearly Mykolenko is a fitness gamble so why not do the same for Harrison?
Dyche's selection would be fine for City or Arsenal away but this is Luton...
Anyway UTFT!!!!!!

starting 11.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back