Match Thread Everton v Luton Town - Waffle, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We are very much one of the worst teams in the PL, and possibly the top half dozen of the Championship playing like that.

We can play better, and have, and will again. But when we stink, it’s really really bad. Some decent grindcore performances of late, but feels a very long time since we showed any quality.

Impossible to keep a clean sheet every week, but that looks like our only plan to pick up points.

Woeful but 2 positives.

(1) Only one more opportunity (this season) for RS to humiliate us.

(2) Full effort re PL survival.

We are a mentally weak team, and have been for a long, long time. If it's a tight game you can bet your house that we'll spend the last 5-10 minutes encamped in our own half, desperatley defending. We don't hold with all that 'let's keep the ball in their half and kill the game.' Where's the fun in that? Even when we had better players, we still 'cling on for dear life'. Still, no shame in losing at home to mighy, mighy Luton i suppose

We don’t have the squad/mentality to win a cup realistically speaking so I won’t lose sleep with this result.

Staying in the league with current circumstances is paramount
But who would we take from Luton's team?
How can they bring on 5 subs who are instantly keen and put themselves about. There is something seriously wrong with us.

Just can't see how we're ever improving tbh. This new stadium with these players. Unable to buy anyone. Going down. Just glad I lived through the 80s but somehow even having that success makes it worse

Sick to death about going out of cups early, it’s 29 years since we’ve won anything, 15 years since we’ve even made a final and 8 years since we’ve made a semi final. That’s why I get angry at suggestions we throw cup games to focus on the league, there’s a whole generation who’ve never seen us win anything and knobs like that who have want the club to just say nah we don’t care about cup games

We are a mentally weak team, and have been for a long, long time. If it's a tight game you can bet your house that we'll spend the last 5-10 minutes encamped in our own half, desperatley defending. We don't hold with all that 'let's keep the ball in their half and kill the game.' Where's the fun in that? Even when we had better players, we still 'cling on for dear life'. Still, no shame in losing at home to mighy, mighy Luton i suppose
Looked like we spent much of the last 5-10 minutes deep in the Luton half today. Just very poor in and around the box....and then similarly poor in our own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.