Match Thread Everton v Man.United Carabao Cup - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is Holgate being dropped? It should have been either Mina or Godfrey. Really wanna see the lad as CB

...a solution to erectile disfunction back in the 70s (ie well prior to blue pills), was a bendy silicone rod implanted into the penis. This had the effect of giving a bloke a permanent semi.
Remember them being advertised. Did it work. I bought the x-ray specs advertised in the Beano. They were a waste of time and money!

On paper I see ours as a slightly stronger side but they certainly have enough to cause us a lot of problems.
My main concern is the lack of a true holding midfielder. With Allan out we have no natural replacement. I think I'd rather have Davies putting a foot in than Gomes.

Thought Gomes was impressive in his first season, but when I currently spot him on team sheet it just invokes despair. What does he offer? other than commiting cheap penalties in crucial areas within our own half and languid displays chock full of errant passes. Would rather see davies and I don't rate him whatsoever. But regardless hope he proves me wrong and thrives in this game.

Holgate has played quite a lot of togger since his lengthy lay off so maybe not a bad idea to give him a rest.

Its a strong side we have out, probably the strongest available to us.
I don't thinking dropping Holgate is really that crazy of a move. He lost Saka a lot of times and before that Barnes dribbled him on a couple of occasions. And it'll be nice to have a real fullback overlapping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back