• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pickford
Holgate Keane Branthwaite
Coleman Allan Doucoure Van de Beek Kenny
Gordon Richardson

We have plenty of pace and strength in the middle but ultimately our defence needs to be on it today.

With DCL with a slight knock I wouldn't risk it.
Patterson could make an appearance but it's a tough ask for his debut v City.
Mykolenko will hopefully get some game time too but given the past week's events, he might be sidelined.
Gray will hopefully step up his recovery with some minutes given we have 5 big games after City.

I can see us matching City for workrate but any chances we get, we have to be clinical. City got beat v Spurs last week but at times they had 90% possession and plenty of chances however they shot themselves in the foot defensive. So using Gordon and Richarlison to stretch the City defence and Van de Beek and Doucoure joining the attack, we could have some joy.

I'd love a draw but I'd be happy if we got all our players back fit and showed some confidence on the ball.

Plenty of predictions on what the line up should be. Think that most punters on here, are all on the same wave length. It has to be a 4-3-3 set up.
With Gray and Gordon putting in a shift to be an outlet for our midfield. And Richarlson in full over drive up top. No DCL. Hasn't really done much recently anyhow.
And today no silly cards from us. Bad enough taking on City with a full complement of players. We don't need silly bookings or a sending off.
Can't remember the team we fielded in that away draw to Chelsea. Only remember that Branthwaite played. That approach and passion would be welcome today. And as much as I want an Everton win......i 'd take the draw right now.
Anyhow.......just two last points. No Gomes or Iwobi today. They are not players for this type of match. In fact I don't know what sort of match they are suited to. Would of course love to be proved wrong about those two. But you just know that they will never prove anyone wrong. Also don't trust Coleman much either. But the manager seems to not trust Patterson. So it's Coleman for now. And what do you say about Keane and Holgate. Not much. Just hope they turn up today.....And Let's just hope that City have an off day.
Last point......so far this weekend , other results seem to be helping us. So it's time that our bunch helped themselves. Get something out of this match. And don't do the usual pointless useless collapse.
Come on Everton. Turn up tonight. Up The Toffees. Lampards " take a point right now " solid Toffees......

In Concrete Holgate, we have a defender cast in the Vinnie Jones-type 'hard man' mould. Add in the staunch, steel-spined likes of Snail Keane and Crab Iwobi and you've assembled three elevenths of a team that will send shivers through City's personnel. I genuinely feel the score today will make many people shake their head in amazement.

The hope was that all the teams around us would get beaten, with Newcastle looking like they will win that is us 17th and 2 points above 18th. Newcastle look better equipped to survive a relegation battle than our squad and I fear Burnley may well have that dogged determination to stay up. We really are in the midst of a fight and when I look at our players none of them strikes me as the sort to roll their sleeves up and battle. Only hope is that Frank can instill some professional pride and a will to stay in the division. My fear is that most of them know they won't be at Everton for very much longer so it really isn't in their interests to put the effort in.

With everything that’s happening in Ukraine at the moment is hard to be excited about a football match. But today is an opportunity for our Club to show support for Mykolenko and the people of Ukraine. And it would also be great if our players show some fight and determination against City. We need to get at least a point out of this game. Please Blues make it happen!

In Concrete Holgate, we have a defender cast in the Vinnie Jones-type 'hard man' mould. Add in the staunch, steel-spined likes of Snail Keane and Crab Iwobi and you've assembled three elevenths of a team that will send shivers through City's personnel. I genuinely feel the score today will make many people shake their head in amazement.

"I can't believe it was only 4"

Status
Not open for further replies.