Match Thread Everton v Manchester United - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing you can do about the wonder goal, but the penalty killed the game. Such a crap challenge there.
Should have got an equaliser in the first half, but our finishing was Wolves, Fulham and Luton again. Not impressed with Harrison and McNeil today - McNeil missing and Harrison v. wasteful. Dom did well in the first half, but no service in the second.
3 nil flattered them, but they just took their chances and we didn't

I wouldn't say no heart!! Would say we had our opportunities but our average players can't capitalise. It is down to lack of talent
100%. We shouldn't let our frustration at the result cloud our judgement and make us think our players didn't try. All this talk of Man Utd are shabite is nonsense. They're a poor top 8 team but a very decent Premier League Team. We're a poor Premier League team. Expecting to cruise to a win was niaive. I think we can beat almost anyone on our good days but that sunshine has to be pretty damn fierce on our dog's arse. Don't let this result let the heads go down - there's plenty of games against lesser opposition we could / should be winning and maybe a few upsets against higher placed teams as well. Keep the faith!

Given the Everton of the last 3 seasons and this season at Goodison Park, that result was always on the cards. Had the chance to get something out of it if we were more clinical. But that's been the case for every home loss this season.

….totally agree. It was a strange day, strange atmosphere but in the end the calmness and quality of United won out. It was all too much.

The realisation now that we are in a very difficult situation as far as relegation is concerned, we have to get back to controlled application and not get sidelined with raw emotion.
...annd that is something I don't think we'll be capable of under these pressurised circumstances.

Our players have the perfect excuse to not come through this test...unlike the previous two seasons.

We'll be buried in the next handful of games unless Luton stop winning and we start winning.

Morale wise we're on the floor after the events of the last 2 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.