Match Thread Everton v Newcastle United, KO 20:00 Mon 23rd April

Should I have bothered to finish my last paragraph?

• Yes

Votes: 8 5.0%
  • No it’s ok, we’re all emotionally drained and understand

Votes: 120 74.5%
  • Cheese on toast fella

Votes: 33 20.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

If we can get two points from our remaining games we'll finish on the same number of points as in Bobby's season 2 and 3. Haven't we made great progress?
Can't wait for this year's Blue Chrimbo festivities...the one thing Everton does well.

NSNO

What did please me was Jordan Pickford - when we scored he celebrated big style, and when the final whistle went, he celebrated big style again. Heart on his sleeve this lad.

To be fair, I think this was more of a gesture to the away fans who had been giving him stick all night due to his Sunderland days.

Well that was fairly horrible, but we won and got 3 points, up to lofty 8th in the table on 45 points, as we are 8 points behind Burnley, with only 9 points available, this is probably as high as we can get.

Notable mention for Walcott, took his chance well and was a cut above most. Newcastle looked like a championship side, but at times they looked better than us.

Why won’t Keane stay on his feet? He dives in like a crazy largered up Sunday league player, every time he is near someone I am screaming “stay on your feet!” He could have been sent off today.

I worried about Davies, he doesn’t seem to be progressing, he came on, ran about, gave the ball away 5 or 6 times and just looks lost. He could have cost us points today, better teams would have punished us.

I don’t understand bringing DCL on to play on the wing, then bringing on Niasse and playing him through the middle,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back