Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Theo Walcott

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Votes: 2 0.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what others think but do you remember Bernars was going round a defender who had fallen and to stop Bernard shoved the ball with his hand out for a corner. All he got was a yellow for me that was a professional foul and should have merited a red, We had been denied a very good scoring chance for which a co

went my first game of the season last night because of work commmitments .. and its miles better then the days of big sam/koeman

gomes was a joy to watch and we controlled the play but they had some chances themselves ... our crossing wasnt good enough mina was flying uptop every chance he got which was refreshing but lacelles had a great game

even tho its not the worst result we should of just had a little bit more in the final 3rd and it would of been won

The last 2 games have been disappointing for obvious reasons.

Still early day's, and to borrow a political-economic cliché, ' we are seeing the first shoots of recovery'.

COYB.

Scared/lacking bravery, however you want to dress it up. For me they look totally flat and that's unacceptable, any true top team would have come flying out the blocks and and been desperate to get the supporters engaged and lifted. None of them bar Pickford for me looked like they'd had anything on their minds the past few days.
Coleman was very poor in my opinion,whenever we tried to move the ball around the pitch with one or two touches he would recieve and then put his foot on it,Didn't take a gamble allnight

We were lucky to get away with no injuries lastnight the way they were kicking lumps out of us any chance they got.
5 booking I think they got, that tells a story, no wonder we found hard, came for a point, got a goal, spent the rest of the game doing anything they could to stop us playing.
Annoying to only get a point but can't moan to much about us.

Richarlison, Digne, Gana, Gilfi, Tosun - all were poor.

Too slow in the build-up and not clever enough to break down a defensive line-up.

City manage to play well without a big number 9 but then again they have attacking wingers, loadsa speed
and top midfielders. And they have two sets of those players.

Richarlison, Digne, Gana, Gilfi, Tosun - all were poor.

Too slow in the build-up and not clever enough to break down a defensive line-up.

City manage to play well without a big number 9 but then again they have attacking wingers, loadsa speed
and top midfielders. And they have two sets of those players.
Richo, Digne, Gana, and Gilfi are very good footballers - I'm not sure about Tosun, but I haven't given up on him - but you need them all to be at their best on the same day, along with the others to be winning points consistently enough to be competing at the very top. We can't expect Cenk to create his own chances
and how many does he actually get? It was only a good, or lucky piece of goalkeeping that stopped him scoring on Sunday and that was the only chance he had, that I remember. I mention this because I keep hearing here that we need a '20 goal' striker. Well, you can't score many goals if your teammates aren't
getting the ball to you.

People thinking we can just rock up and steamroll the likes of Newcastle are having themselves on.
There's only one team in this era that lay claim to that sort of thing - and they don't do it by just rocking up.

What is needed on the pitch against teams like Leceister, Bournmouth, West Ham, Watford, Wolves, Fulham - team who will try and have more of a go against us - is totally different from the likes of Huddersfield, Newcastle and Brighton.
At this point in time our strengths obviously lean towards playing the first lot rather than the second.
You could argue that Fullham have got just as good a chance of beating Newcastle as us at the moment - bc of the differeing approaches Newcastle would play.

The league is such a different beast to the 'Ferguson era'.
For where we are atm I thought we did ok.
We were opening them up really well in the first half, just could put it away.
Their goal went and made it twice as difficult.
The difference between 1-1 and 3-0 was not that much, we just needed to score first.
Newcastle in the 2nd half made us play to our weaknesses (crossing) by kicking the crap out of us and holding the centre ground where we don't have the quality yet to unlock em.

We're only going to get higher up the table when we can consistently go down 1-0 to Newcastle and win. This is still quite a big leap from where we are now. Gomes and Lookman are a good start though.

Not sure what others think but do you remember Bernars was going round a defender who had fallen and to stop Bernard shoved the ball with his hand out for a corner. All he got was a yellow for me that was a professional foul and should have merited a red, We had been denied a very good scoring chance for which a co
Yep

Status
Not open for further replies.