Match Thread Everton v Newcastle United - Team prediction, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ian, I go back to the days of Alan Ball, I remember Gordon West throwing the ball half the length of the field, I remember when we used to win things, they were the days when you could be optimistic when being optimistic meant that we might win a trophy and not that we won’t get relegated. Our recent history has taught me that Everton and optimism do not make comfortable bedfellows. Every time I think we have turned a corner somehow we manage to find another corner. In every other aspect of my life I am a glass half full type of person, I am definitely an optimist, I do see the positives in things, however Everton, of recent times, have sucked the life blood out of any joy of looking forward to a match. However that is my lot, been doing this for so long now I can’t even contemplate of doing something different, all that said I definitely think we’ll put three past Chelsea tomorrow and win comfortably.
The reason we keep turning corners is we have been driving around a roundabout for 30 years ;)

Ian, I go back to the days of Alan Ball, I remember Gordon West throwing the ball half the length of the field, I remember when we used to win things, they were the days when you could be optimistic when being optimistic meant that we might win a trophy and not that we won’t get relegated. Our recent history has taught me that Everton and optimism do not make comfortable bedfellows. Every time I think we have turned a corner somehow we manage to find another corner. In every other aspect of my life I am a glass half full type of person, I am definitely an optimist, I do see the positives in things, however Everton, of recent times, have sucked the life blood out of any joy of looking forward to a match. However that is my lot, been doing this for so long now I can’t even contemplate of doing something different, all that said I definitely think we’ll put three past Chelsea tomorrow and win comfortably.
Your optimism was spot on mate. Lesson for us all there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back