Match Thread Everton v Nottingham Forest : 3pm KO : Saturday 20th August 2022

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Struggling to see where the goals are coming from to be honest

Give Rondon some time up top, start Onana, hope Gordon and Gray have a good day supporting Rondon, pray

….problem with Rondon is he struggles to get on the end of things in the penalty area because he can’t keep up with players breaking out wide. We’d basically be playing him as an out ball but we are void of options, what a mess.

------------Pickford
----Holgate Tarky Coady
Patterson------------Vinagre
---------Onana Iwobi
Gordon----Rondon----McNeil

Wont be the team, but i'd start with Vinagre in this, better attacking threat than mykolenko
Rondon has to start, which id hope might give McNeil something to aim for in the middle, Grays doing my head in of late, he can drop to the bench

Just hope we can defend properly. Start by defending well and that gives us a platform to win the game.

Feel we are missing good habits from our game at the moment.

It's not ideal but in fairness, Rondon isn't actually as bad as people make out.

He'll do a better job up there than the other front three did in the opening two games.

1. He can score.
2. He allows others to score.

I reckon he'll be fine to get us through this game.

Team picks itself really. Assuming Doucoure out for a few weeks, Onana not quite up to speed and Dele and Gordon on their way.
Pickford
Holgate Coady Tarkowski
Patterson Davies Iwobi Myko
McNeil Rondon Gray

Key thing for us to work on is the Patterson-McNeil relationship. Our best chance of a goal with Rondon is a cross and that isn't coming from Gray. Otherwise, play for set pieces which we're looking slightly more threatening from this year.

I will start to get very worried indeed if we lose this one as well and there is a good chance we will if we don't bring any strikers in pronto.

Status
Not open for further replies.