Match Thread Everton v Nottingham Forest : 3pm KO : Saturday 20th August 2022

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dunno. It's a good job we don't have a billionaire owner with links to the heroin trade ...
For sake of clarity- Greek football is very political- there were no truth to the allegations cooked up by nefarious individuals and Marikanis successfully sued.

Its gonna be awkward if the blues are singing Anthony Gordon's name and making a big deal of him if he's going to sign for Chelsea next week.

Maybe him being in the team is an indication he's not leaving?

Or maybe it's a very bold move by the board to squeeze more money from Chelsea as though he's going nowhere.

Fun and games.
Or maybe we're so desperate for options on the pitch we're willing to play to him despite being begrudgingly open to substantial offers

Trying not to be negative but that is one depressing line up. Honestly wouldn’t look out of place in the championship.

Saying that The Forest team doesn’t looks anything special. Hopefully the home crowd can spur us on to a win.

I don't think it would even be a good Championship lineup. Forest at least has a striker that can score.

So he’s never going to start then is he unless we bring in a holding midfielder.
This is all about formation.

In 343 you will hardly see any of these progressive ball carrying box to box midfielders. Jorginho, Kante, Moutinho, Neves, Højbjerg, Betancur etc.

For Onana to start it would only made sense to change to a 352 formation. With Onana as an 8 or a 10. Finding two men to play up top today might have been a challenge.

I look at that team selection and give the goalkeeper and defence a pass - I can see what the manager is doing there. He has an international-class keeper and some good leaders (and Holgate) in that back five. All in all, there is a plan. Then I look at the rest of the side: Davies, Iwobi, Gray, Gordon, Rondon.

Nah, sorry. That's a relegation waiting to happen.

The transfer market movement between now and the window "slamming shut" will seal Lampard's fate one way or the other. Gordon simply HAS to go and Thelwell has to hit the ground running with the replacement(s). Ronald Koeman was sunk by a botched window that saw the sale of Lukaku and no adequate long-term replacement. Frank is definitely in even deeper than that as things stand.
HAS to go? Stop talking rot and go and support the kopites. Jeez.

I want Onana to start but if your not 100% ready and not used to the system we play or the speed of the premier league, it could work against us.
He will get minutes but I am hoping it’s once we are a couple ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.