Match Thread Everton v Nottingham Forest - Pre-Match Chat, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's like every game under Dyche, you look at his selection and there is always a 'why has he picked him' moment, you just know the football is going to be dire, but, on the odd occasion it comes off and we get a win, he justifies his methods. Let's just hope he gets enough wins to keep us up,and let's hope whoever owns us in the summer thanks him for keeping us up and then sacks him.

I think Gomes is better ticking the ball over from deeper.

We desperately need a number 10 with some pace/composure. Would make the world of difference. Not sure Gomes is that player myself.

Just have to hope Doucoure can turn up today.
Yes, gomes offers everything than the pace for this role. But best technical player and pass distributer and decent shot.

Suggested the same earlier in the week but also said in his thread that he's been really poor for ages too.

I'd have went Garner there personally but never really expected it.

People are acting like there's light years between the choices. Both playing badly so it seems totally reasonable that the manager who sees them more than us is picking one over the other

I've given up a long time ago fuming at state of our squad. Fuming at the manager for preferring one bad option over another just seems a waste of energy to me

I can On a coming on over excited and getting sent off for a crazy tackle.
He will need to be careful not to make himself a bit sore again. A statement dropping from Dyche. Also not a good place for him to be badge-slapping if it goes south today. Suspect he will be the chosen fall guy.

Could redeem his entire lacklustre Everton career with 6x£60m level performances before he skips off the to the Champions League. Hope he does. Shouldn’t be finding himself behind Gomes, even if carrying a knock.