Match Thread Everton v Nottingham Forest - Pre-Match Chat, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Huge huge game in our club's long and proud history. We need Goodison to be rocking like it was when we beat Palace when Lampard was manager.
We've had the stuffing knocked out of us, the passion of a couple of years ago has been eroded.
Bad enough coping with a poo team we have the vindictive points deductions to cope with.
Got 3 points last week, 2 were taken away almost immediately.
No hope left.

If Branthwaite is out injured, I think we have to play Keane. He can win a header/compete against Wood and Wood's not the most mobile so shouldn't get skinned. Always a chance he handballs it or dives in, but if it's him or Godfrey, I'd rather have Keane. I'd play Garner at right back, drop Young and put in Harrison. Gana and Onana in the middle, I suppose McNeil on the left (or Danjuma?). Then Gomes playing off (a hopefully fit enough) Dom. Dyche will probably go ultra defensive after Chelsea and play 5 at the back, retain Young as right mid ("he keeps the shape") and keep Doucoure on ("defending starts up front, lads").

Pickford

Garner
-- Keane -- Tarkowski -- Mykolenko

Harrison
----- Gueye ----- Gomes ----- McNeil

C-Lewin ----- Danjuma

Please & thank you, gaffer.

(This is assuming that Gana & DCL are passed fit whilst Coleman, Patterson & Branthwaite aren't).

Pickford

Garner -- Keane -- Tarkowski -- Mykolenko

Harrison
----- Gueye ----- Gomes ----- McNeil

C-Lewin ----- Danjuma

Please & thank you, gaffer.

(This is assuming that Gana & DCL are passed fit whilst Coleman, Patterson & Branthwaite aren't).
Like the idea but I'd swap Garner for Patto and mcneil for cherms and swap him and danjuma around. Playing players out if position won't work for us on this one.

Like the idea but I'd swap Garner for Patto and mcneil for cherms and swap him and danjuma around. Playing players out if position won't work for us on this one.
Patterson is almost assuredly out again after he limped off last night.

Best hope is that Coleman's sub was more precautionary.

If Branthwaite is out injured, I think we have to play Keane. He can win a header/compete against Wood and Wood's not the most mobile so shouldn't get skinned. Always a chance he handballs it or dives in, but if it's him or Godfrey, I'd rather have Keane. I'd play Garner at right back, drop Young and put in Harrison. Gana and Onana in the middle, I suppose McNeil on the left (or Danjuma?). Then Gomes playing off (a hopefully fit enough) Dom. Dyche will probably go ultra defensive after Chelsea and play 5 at the back, retain Young as right mid ("he keeps the shape") and keep Doucoure on ("defending starts up front, lads").
Yeah I agree at right back but old ginger nut sadly would rather play a finished Young and the Spatially unaware Godfrey there over Garner, but hopefully he makes other changes. Absolutely need Gomes and Gueye to start and pray Keane doesn't do something stupid