Match Thread Everton v Rotherham United, Preview, Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
1535052432-Mina-and-Gomes-at-least-three-weeks-away-from-Everton-debut-Silva-says.jpg

The first of 3 Home games on the bounce sees us welcome Championship side Rotherham United in The Carabao Cup, a team that managed to gain promotion via the playoffs last season. They currently find themselves just above the relegation places, after a start of 1 win and 3 defeats so far, they play today at 12.30(Sunday) in case anybody wants to check them out.

It will be the first time VAR has been used at Goodison Park, which should make things very interesting. Also with the changes to the competition this season the match if level at 90minutes will go straight to a penalty shoot out.

They should not be taken lightly of course, but its difficult to predict what sort of side we will play, few little niggles in the squad and of course we have 2 players serving a suspension, I would probably go with something like this, it would depend on the fitness of certain players and I know people like us to field a first team, I just feel that some players need a run out and some players would benefit from a rest.

Goats 11 to start :
Pickford
JJK - Zouma - Holgate - Digne
Gana - Davies
Dowell
Lookman - DCL - Bernard
COYB

Booooooo!!!

No it’s not in the UK. I was wondering if it’s been picked up by an overseas station?
All the tv companies around the world seem to be going with Forest/Newcastle.
Everton looks likely to be audio only, tho I will check Kd on the day...

Stekelenburg

Kenny - Zouma - Pennington - Digne

Davies
Bernard
-------------------- Lookman
Dowell

Niasse -- DCL

Bit of a mad lineup, but I reckon we just ring all the changes for this personally. That team should still comfortably see Rotherham off.

Swap Bernard & Lookman's sides every so often to give them both a go at being the inverse winger.

Stekelenburg

Davies
Bernard
Dowell

Niasse -- DCL

Bit of a mad lineup, but I reckon we just ring all the changes for this personally. That team should still comfortably see Rotherham off.

Swap Bernard & Lookman's sides every so often to give them both a go at being the inverse winger.
That team gets beat

Stekelenburg

Davies
Bernard
Dowell

Niasse -- DCL

Would they still be inverse wingers if the pivot is in transition lol

C'mon lads....... it's a squad game so we need to be, you know, using the squad.

If that team of mine gets beaten by Rotherham at home then we may as well just pack it all in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back