Match Thread Everton v Sheffield Utd - Chat, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Anyone know the events of the yellow card for DCL?
Looked nailed on red card and then our player follows theirs into the book.
Yeah the ref was a disgrace more clear sign od how bad the standards here. No idea how it even got to that missed several corners for us and shef united when clear and some of the fouls. Lucky wont get called out on his performance today

Calvert Lewin for me, he's starting to look like a proper centre forward again. He's a bully, he's quick and he has very good hold up play. MOTM by a country mile for me.

Just as an aside, Chermiti really impressed me when he came on. I'm convinced that there is a very good player in there
Chermiti made several good runs off the last defender but was ignored every time. His movt. looks intelligent to me so if we ever have a player who can spot and execute a pass again we could be in business.

Chermiti made several good runs off the last defender but was ignored every time. His movt. looks intelligent to me so if we ever have a player who can spot and execute a pass again we could be in business.
Looks reasonably comfortable on the ball and injects some much needed pace into the team. I feel he may compliment DCL better than Beto does, so I'd like to see them partnered together.

Once again, I mostly liked what I saw from him in terms of strength, movement on and off the ball and work rate. He had a decent chance or two, as well!

The only frustrating part was when he pulled out from that chance to beat the ball to the keeper. He's only young and adapting, however he needs to cut it out.

Was bit strange seeing a Sheffield United player having a private training session with a coach on the pitch after the game had finished when the players were doing a lap of honour
A RS on a wind up! He was laughing his head off when he came close to the Street End.

Calvert Lewin for me, he's starting to look like a proper centre forward again. He's a bully, he's quick and he has very good hold up play. MOTM by a country mile for me.

Just as an aside, Chermiti really impressed me when he came on. I'm convinced that there is a very good player in there
I know football polarises views, but I find it astonishing, nay alarming that DCL got nearly 50% of the vote. A group of us ‘lifers’ in the Paddock have always been loathe to criticise players especially when it’s three quarters of the team that’s abysmal, but to a man we’re just fed up of watching half-arsed, feeble, disinterested performances from DCL. To read that he ‘bullied’ defenders is mind boggling - he’s powder puff. I can’t knock your opinion, because that’s exactly what it is....your opinion, but if we get any kind of acceptable offer in the summer I hope we snap their hands off.

I know football polarises views, but I find it astonishing, nay alarming that DCL got nearly 50% of the vote. A group of us ‘lifers’ in the Paddock have always been loathe to criticise players especially when it’s three quarters of the team that’s abysmal, but to a man we’re just fed up of watching half-arsed, feeble, disinterested performances from DCL. To read that he ‘bullied’ defenders is mind boggling - he’s powder puff. I can’t knock your opinion, because that’s exactly what it is....your opinion, but if we get any kind of acceptable offer in the summer I hope we snap their hands off.

If you thought dcl was powder puff what did you think of Chermiti pulling out of a tackle against the keeper when he came on.

as you say, opinions. i would be inclined to agree about the reasonable offer, but, after his injury problems, he would only attract low offers, better to keep him for his last year than let him go for peanuts.

What are you waffling about lol

We would be 10th now if it wasn't for the points deduction.

I will forever be grateful for the way in which our current manager has improved our team and the incredibly effort that our players have given to save our club.

We are so much better than we were under Frank, despite having sold so much quality over the last year or so.

An encouraging season.

"You lost the league at Goodison Park."

We would be 10th now if it wasn't for the points deduction.

I will forever be grateful for the way in which our current manager has improved our team and the incredibly effort that our players have given to save our club.

We are so much better than we were under Frank, despite having sold so much quality over the last year or so.

An encouraging season.

"You lost the league at Goodison Park."
Frank Lampard is a terrible manager. I still won’t forgive him for that draw against Watford when they were already relegated and made our job harder.

We won
Scored a good goal.
The actual game was utter bilge .
If football was a proper business.
And I really was just a consumer not a supporter ,
I would be claiming a refund for having to watch a substandard offering.
Much more of this and I won’t be bothering to continue to renew my ST when we make the move to BMD.

Just watched the full game as I missed it yesterday. Glad we won, but my lord that was garbage.

Doucoure’s footballing ability is non existent. The amount of positive plays that break down because of him is scandalous.

Crowd looked bored to death, but after our last 2 final home games, I’d have taken a nothing match this season.

1 thing we learned (further evidenced) was that Dobbin and Chermitti need more playing time next season.