• Jesper Lindstrom

• Abdoulaye Doucoure

• Iliman NDiaye

• Beto

• Ashley Young 62'

• Jack Harrison 62'

• Tim Iroegbunam 79'

Results are only viewable after voting.
Will be there but not looking forward to it one little bit. Will we win, very much doubt it as expect to go out either 1-0 or on penalties as our previous cup game with Southampton in 2018/19

Should win this easily. Newly promoted sides by rule tend to do badly in the league cup. Dyche will think winning will give him credit in the bank but not for me in this game, leicester is a must win by all accounts but he won't win that one I doubt.

….Dyche played a strong team in this competition last season, so I’m not sure why ‘the team doesn’t want to win’ this game.

Dyche will be desperate to retain his job, some aspects of the last two performances were actually quite decent and I’m still of a view he can turn things around.
You have more faith in Dyche than I have he looks like a busted flush to me.
There were positives in the Bournemouth game but the Villa game was a different story we looked scared stiff of them I know somehow we managed to go 2-0 up but hand on heart when it was 2 nil did you believe we were ever going to win the game?

There were positives in the Bournemouth game but the Villa game was a different story we looked scared stiff of them I know somehow we managed to go 2-0 up but hand on heart when it was 2 nil did you believe we were ever going to win the game?
We battered them for 85 minutes

Just need to find the best 11 we have and get em playing and we will be sound

….no I didn’t. I was eating a gorgeous stake sitting literally 6ft away from the lapping Med when Mrs Eggs said “Yeees, it’s 2-0’, I said we needed to now get to half-time but unfortunately we conceded. Managed to get to the hotel Sports Bar for 2nd half, we were the only 2 watching and I 100% agree about the inevitability.

Saying that, I thought the interplay was encouraging in the top third, especially when DCL hit the bar (he had no right to get to that pass as he was the wrong side of the defender). Harrison’s mistake was shocking, totally lacked the basic need to cut out the danger. I’d watched the 2nd half of RS game earlier with a Forest supporter and they did everything defensively right that we got wrong.

Branthwaite returning is hopefully our catalyst.

Of late Southampton have opted for a 3-5-2 which lead to 3 defeats but against United they moved to a 4-2-3-1.

I hope Dyche has Branthwaite and Patterson available if just for the bench so get them some minutes before we play Leicester.

I think defensively we have to drop Keane and try and bed in O'Brien as backup centre half. We will have question marks on Mylo so we could see Young at left back and maybe Coleman returns but I'd like to see Dixon play after a solid game vs Spurs.

Midfield we have more options so shuffle a few around. Garner, Lindstrom and Doucoure could all come in.

Dom needs to keep playing upfront for me because he is pound for pound better than Beto.

My XI v Southampton (4-3-3)

Pickford
Dixon - Tarkowski - O'Brien - Young
Garner - Doucoure - Tim
Lindstrom - DCL - Ndiaye

We'll win 3-0.

Everyone will be loving life again, people saying other need to repent and all that. Dyche will think he's cock of the walk and then we'll get battered by Leicester at the weekend.

Gonna revise my starting XI based on what Dyche has recently said RE the squad getting minutes..

Pickford

Dixon -- Keane -- O'Brien -- Young

Garner
------ Mangala

Lindstrom
--- Doucoure --- Ndiaye --

Beto

…..maybe more selection clues;

IMG_0194.webp

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back