Everton v Stoke City. 27 Aug at 1500.

Stoke?

• Sound enough

Votes: 34 10.9%
  • Scruffy

Votes: 134 43.1%
  • Never been

Votes: 46 14.8%
  • LOL @ Phil Taylor losing his Queen's honour the sexpesting fat pathetic slug

Votes: 97 31.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
A rather inappropriate comment (in capitals) given what happened at GP today.
I'm sorry for the comment I made in (capitals) today.its just what I say to friends because I love my club (everton).at the time I never realised what was going on in GP.my thoughts are with the family at this very sad time.RIP

He's definitely better than Stones

Honestly and objectively I would prefer him to Stones. I am NOT down on Stones for leaving. Good luck to the boy. He followed the cash and the glamour and many would do the same. However Holgate has more about him for me. Fantastic bit of business getting rid of overrated Stones and bringing in this boy.

We got very lucky today.

This squad as it presently stands wont cut it for a season.

We all know it.

I suggest money - and large quantities of it - get spent on quality, especially in attack where we looked toothless.

But harsh, we already look stronger as a squad compared to the first game v spurs when we had to resort to bringing on cleverly etc.....we do need a couple more quality signings agreed and absolutely need support for Rom plus another ball player, might not be a popular shout but I'd like to see cabaye in

We got very lucky today.

We all know it.

I suggest money - and large quantities of it - get spent on quality, especially in attack where we looked toothless.
We were unlucky to not win by more.
Need to add players regardless but we just didn't finish which happens the chances were there which is better long term

We got very lucky today.

We all know it.

We got somewhat lucky today with the questionable penalty. But we dominated possession and had 9 shots on goal to their 1. Losing or drawing a game like that is unlucky anyway you slice it. If we play like that all season I would think we have a good chance at top 6. And as for "this squad wont cut it and we all know it", are you saying that because you actually believe that everyone knows this "truth" but just can't face it? Or is it just a rhetorical device to make it seem more convincing? Either way, it's not true.

We got very lucky today.

We all know it.

No small proportion of that 'luck', we made ourselves with improved application and a change in emphasis/method/mindset etc.

Last season we were losing games like that due to the lack of 'luck' we made for ourselves

It's just our 'luck' that with the money we have, 100M(?) which I don't actually buy into. Our wealth is more likely to be...as it was with Moores, more a case of guaranteeing than actual hand in pocket) today 'only' buys you 'good' players, not as was the case not so long ago quality/great/ really top class...which is what Walsh is for, to get quality/great/really top class value from the cash we do have

We got somewhat lucky today with the questionable penalty. But we dominated possession and had 9 shots on goal to their 1. Losing or drawing a game like that is unlucky anyway you slice it. If we play like that all season I would think we have a good chance at top 6. And as for "this squad wont cut it and we all know it", are you saying that because you actually believe that everyone knows this "truth" but just can't face it? Or is it just a rhetorical device to make it seem more convincing? Either way, it's not true.
Don't ever think that Stoke are badly treated or that they are unlucky. If a penalty is given against Stoke every week for the next 10 years
it won't be enough, WBA come to mind also, only because of their managers. Up until recently the biggest perpetrators of the 'Darker Arts'
has always been the RS (Is it 80 years since our last penalty away), in the last year or so West Ham came up to Anfield to play a Prem game,
they had a tall lad down to play called Andy Carroll, I was interested who would mark him at 'set pieces' etc. would it be Frankenskrtel or
one of the ' two black weightwatchers '. Well Lo and Behold it was none of them, it was......................Joe Allen. Needless to say Carroll
hardly got a header in, the 4ft Welsh sewer-rat pulled his shirt,shorts and hair for the duration. Joe, has since moved to Stoke, would you
believe? He can now join forces Charlie Adam, another gentleman of the game. I don't blame Joe for doing what he is told I blame the
manager at that time. It was the Lip-Licking Gecko at Celtic.

We got very lucky today.

We all know it.

I personally think the luck was with Stoke today.

Am I the only one that thinks after a rocky first 15 mins we totally bossed that game? 4 off the line. (I'm counting the penalty there though). An obviously unfit centre forward who actually worked his arse off, a team that runs at the opposition without being scared because we can now actually defend, some fantastic performances by the new and the (very) old (Barry), and just a willingness to commit and not give in. I thought we were very good today. Very. Even me RS mate was shocked cos he always thinks we're rubbish.

Status
Not open for further replies.