Everton v Stoke City

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it was a poor performance overall. I was massively disappointed.

Billy never beat his man, Osman did one thing right all game, Fellaini faded, as did Rodwell, did Saha play? Cahill was a massive disappointment for me.

Hibbert on the other hand was the best player on the park for me, Distin and Heitinga also did well as did Baines, but the rest...

Moyes also dropped a bollock with the subs, why take off your two wide men and put on 2 players who don't move? Madness.

Oh and a special note needs to go to the lady in the Paddock who thought that kissing the ball and holding on to it is not what we need 2 minutes into injury time.

Have to say that Heitinga made a good impression today. He was played in his best position though, at CB. Hope Moyes sees it the same way and keeps him there. There are better RB's at Everton.

Did make a good impression with me today, very commanding and looked up for the battle. Looked to get involved and wanted to break from defence, although his long right to left crossfield passes became a bit obvious in the end. He's my man of the match.

Have to say that Heitinga made a good impression today. He was played in his best position though, at CB. Hope Moyes sees it the same way and keeps him there. There are better RB's at Everton.

But theres better CBs ahead of him, injuries aside that is. He was good today, I love him already. Love players with passion and some of his 60 yard passes nearly made me jizz.

Taking the piss there, arent you matey?:D

We DREW because we couldnt finish the minimal chances we had. Other than that we bossed the game and played good foosball.

Just saying it how I saw it lerd, Cahill and Fellaini both stayed back and didnt support Saha, bit of fecking attacking in numbers, we didnt even fill the box when we had it out wide, shocking performance today for me.

But theres better CBs ahead of him, injuries aside that is. He was good today, I love him already. Love players with passion and some of his 60 yard passes nearly made me jizz.

Just saying it how I saw it lerd, Cahill and Fellaini both stayed back and didnt support Saha, bit of fecking attacking in numbers, we didnt even fill the box when we had it out wide, shocking performance today for me.

With you there mate. There was actually people walking away from that ground singing. I was kicking [Poor language removed] out of my seat and I left my programme.

With you there mate. There was actually people walking away from that ground singing. I was kicking [Poor language removed] out of my seat and I left my programme.

Even though it was a draw I thought it was the best collective and passing performance the team has made so far this season. Everything previous to this game left me underwhelmed in the league.

Even though it was a draw I thought it was the best collective and passing performance the team has made so far this season. Everything previous to this game left me underwhelmed in the league.

Yeah Chico said that too. I thought they lacked the final ball.

But it's these games that trip us up ultimately.

We played far better against Blackburn. The passing was quicker and there was some creative intent there, mainly because Pienaar was playing.

Today we retained possession but our passing was slow and Stoke recovered easily. We basically played into there hands today, and it's piss easy to dominate possession against Stoke, especially at home.

10 form 7 isnt a great return. That said many of our rivals have steamed that far ahead of us if we win our game in hand we are two points of Liverpool. With players returning before Xmas hopefully we can hit a bit of a run of form the performence today was ok about 70% of our potential though - we need to be hitting 30 or + before Christmas to give our selves a decent platform for the second half of the season.

Having said that heres where we stood at the same point last year, only two points in it i know (5 if we win our game in hand)but last season we acheived more then we thought we would at the same point then.

16 Everton Played: 8 Won: 2 Drawn: 2 Lost 4 For 12 Against 18 Pts: 8

Last edited:

10 form 7 isnt a great return. That said many of our rivals have steamed that far ahead of us if we win our game in hand we are two points of Liverpool. With players returning before Xmas hopefully we can hit a bit of a run of form the performence today was ok about 70% of our potential though - we need to be hitting 30 or + before Christmas to give our selves a decent platform for the second half of the season.

Having said that heres where we stood at the same point last year, only two points in it i know but last season we acheived more then we thought we would at the same point then.

16 Everton Played: 8 Won: 2 Drawn: 2 Lost 4 For 12 Against 18 Pts: 8

Heres the table we were looking at this time last year:

1 Chelsea 8 6 2 0 19 3 20
2 Liverpool 8 6 2 0 13 6 20
3 Hull 8 5 2 1 11 11 17
4 Arsenal 8 5 1 2 16 6 16
5 Man Utd 7 4 2 1 12 4 14
6 Aston Villa 8 4 2 2 12 10 14
7 Portsmouth 8 4 1 3 9 13 13
8 West Ham 8 4 0 4 14 14 12
9 Blackburn 8 3 2 3 8 14 11
10 Man City 8 3 1 4 20 14 1
11 West Brom 8 3 1 4 7 11 10
12 Sunderland 8 2 3 3 7 9 9
13 Middlesbroug 8 3 0 5 7 14 9
14 Wigan 8 2 2 4 11 9 8
15 Bolton 8 2 2 4 8 10 8
16 Everton 8 2 2 4 12 18 8
17 Fulham 7 2 1 4 5 7 7
18 Stoke 8 2 1 5 10 15 7
19 Newcastle 8 1 3 4 9 15 6
20 Tottenham 8 0 2 6 5 12 2

A few observations:

1) Where are the Osman bashers now? Crawled back under their rocks?

2) Loved Heitinga putting that long crossfield ball on Billy's foot on more than a few occasions.

3) Hibbert really played well again today. Looked up for the match.

4) Completely disagree with those who think Stoke deserved a draw. They created nothing and we fell asleep on the goal. We on the other hand had a goal plus several gilt edged chances go begging. No, Stoke didn't deserve anything out of that match. Sorry.

5) Danny, I was one of those who was clamoring during the window for a creative midfield type. Hopefully Billy can turn into that on the wing like Pienaar has.

Overall a good performance and Stoke rode their luck to a draw. It happens. We move on.

A few observations:

1) Where are the Osman bashers now? Crawled back under their rocks?

Still not a fan. Did today exactly what he always does, plays well against the rubbish sides.

Good fella to have against the rubbish sides, but if I see him in the team against a top half club it does my nut in.

No problem.

Ossie could hit a hat trick against Chelsea and there will still be people on this forum that will find some sort of fault with him.

Come on.... I used to be a basher until last year when he really showed me the value he brings to this team.

Jump on the bandwagon !!! You know you want to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back