Match Thread Everton v Them - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Been missing since early(ish) yesterday morning and only just catching up, so apologies for the late post.

Walton was always a twot of the highest order, and from that comment, he obviously still is. Pity Moyes didn't throttle him all those years ago.

So, using the interpretation from Walton, should one of our players do a head high tackle and slide down the opponents face but the force of his foot was on the ground after the incident, then it is not even a foul.
Over to you Tarks, or anybody else for that matter.
I'm loving the logic behind this but "please don't try this at home kids"!

Yes we  do did yesterday, but over the last few seasons we've had the odd game, a feel good sterling performance, that passed, at first look, for a bit of a green shoots recovery contender...Ferguson Vs Chelsea??
But -
You're not as good as your Last game you're only as good as your  Next game*

*any of you vaulting queens (nods to ABBA) feel free to check that I've not said the same 2 or 3 times before.

Yes it was great - Now back it up
A win or two will help.
I think backing it up starts with a solid professional midfield, which we now have for the first time in ages. Gana looked like he had never left when he came in. Wait I take that back, he looked like a better more complete midfielder than when he left.

Frank is building something

I hold my hands up to my saying that we will struggle with having Iwobi in our team. That we will win nothing with this guy. I was wrong . I was wrong big time…Where did that player come from.
But notice yesterday, no Coleman, Keane, Holgate, Gomes. Think that I was right about those guys., We are better without them. We now are looking a proper team. Wins will start coming very soon.
Pickford playing majestic . Our defence now more solid. Patterson will be a top top player for us. And we ( at long last ) have a midfield. Have been saying for years , to anyone who would listen , that we need a midfield. Looks now as if the midfield has landed . Full kudus to Lampard for that.
Now if only we can score more goals. I think that we will soon. A returning Dominic Calvert-Lewin must be relishing playing in this team. Surely he will get service from all over the park. He will bury a few soon. And Maupay will also score.
Jeez ……this is great. I now think that we have a team. And just a wee mention for Tom Davies. The guys been playing well in recent weeks. He hasn’t let anyone down. No player has. Strange to feel like this , considering we have not won a match as yet. But this is looking good. This is looking like a proper team. That first win and more are coming. We will be ok this season.

Just a few last comments. VAR is a nonsense. We all know that. And we all also know that Saint Virgil should have been sent off. But that foul won’t even be looked at. It’s over. Just hope that the next time that an Everton player is sent off for the slietest little touch , that Lampard remembers to mention the Saint Virgil hack.
Anyhow…….onwards and upwards. I’m feeling good that we will soon be climbing the league. No more bottom three scraping around.
And please god no injuries to any key players in this team. No injuries to anyone. Up the Toffees…...Our soon to win , and keep on winning Toffees.
AMEN @The Trinity.

Always in any sporting capacity: any player/team who can't score; does.
Any player/team that can't stop scoring; does.

Ergo, Everton will win a game very soon, and will win many more thereafter. Whilst the rs will find the opposite effect after their recent goal fest.

AMEN @The Trinity.

Always in any sporting capacity: any player/team who can't score; does.
Any player/team that can't stop scoring; does.

Ergo, Everton will win a game very soon, and will win many more thereafter. Whilst the rs will find the opposite effect after their recent goal fest.
Of course we will win a few games soon.. No matter how bad we thought Everton were in recent years , we always managed to win a few matches. Only not enough in recent seasons. Think when this current bunch of players get bedded in , we will start winning . This looks a decent set up so far.
Please no injuries. And we have a midfield at long last. That will make all the difference. And DCL to come back. And a decent defensive set up., It’s all looking good.
Ps…understand what you mean about the r s. Hope you are right. The pressure will be on them now to claw back lost points. Hope every team gets stuck into them. They don’t like that. And we now seem to have the resemblance of a team. They won’t like that.
Now let’s put the wind up the Arsenal. Up the Toffees.

I think backing it up starts with a solid professional midfield, which we now have for the first time in ages. Gana looked like he had never left when he came in. Wait I take that back, he looked like a better more complete midfielder than when he left.

Frank is building something
Said much the same myself. Was he playing to orders under the golfing (last to arrive, first to leave, red xmas decos) tulip munching Koeman and it was always there? because manys the time on here we heard...yeah he's great cleaning the ball up but he doesn't give you much going forward does he?

Anyway - long may it continue.
Well he did on Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.