Match Thread Everton v Tottenham Hotspur - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yet another International break follows Sundays game. Will Benitez survive to take charge at Man City?

i'm quietly confident about this game. it will take more than a week for conte to weave his magic on that squad. i think we'll win a tight game 1-0.

Benitez Pre Spurs Press Conference​

Benitez
Sometimes when you are doing well it's easy for the manager. When you aren't doing so well, you have to improve things like the confidence & mentality... We have to go back to the first games when we were doing quite well

Benitez
We were doing so well & it was difficult to keep this momentum. We had injuries & some problems with players... You have to remember what you did well & stick with these ideas

Benitez On Spurs
We know we will play against a very good team. Conte's a manager with experience, they have good players. Maybe it's not the best moment, with a new manager they have extra motivation. but we have to compete against everyone at any time & we have to be ready

Benitez On Townsend
I think he's very professional & doing well for us. These games can sometimes be a motivation for players & hopefully it will be for him

Benitez On Townsend/Gray
The fans I remember at the beginning wanted wingers and pace up front, and we did that without spending too much. Hopefully they can continue the same level against Tottenham.

Benitez On Delph
At the beginning analysing the squad, we had too many players injured for too long. We are bringing players back and hopefully they will have a big part in our success. It's really important for the squad to have players with experience. This kind of players can help those around. After injuries, coming back with this desire and commitment is very good for the team

Benitez on Lucas Digne
Digne is fine. He has been training so hopefully he will be available

Benitez On importance of the game
Nobody wants to lose any game. The fans understand the context, it's something we need to analyse. You put everything together and you have great performances at the beginning of the season. Now, we have issues, but I have the belief 100%

Benitez On Conte
He used to be aggressive. If you coach Juventus, it's the strongest team in Italy, Chelsea are one of the strongest teams here. Usually you have to be aggressive. He wants to be competitive and win.

Benitez On requirements
A team that can compete, gives everything on the pitch. The reaction that we had in the second half against Wolves, something like that I would like to see. The team has certain characteristics and we have to try and improve, but Rome wasn't built in a day.

Benitez On Gray's use
Not really, I want to rest him at the end of the season. He has to play every game if he is available. If he is available and fit, he can make the difference and he has to be on the pitch as much as possible.

Benitez On Gordon
He's doing well, I'm really pleased for him [to be called up for the U21s]. I'm sure he will do well and will be an important player for Everton in the future.

Benitez On Coleman
Seamus is a really important player for us. It’s a crucial time for us, we have so many games coming. The fact we have too many players with long-term injuries in the past, we needed to control that. We need players like Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.