Match Thread Everton v Tottenham Hotspur - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Huge strides - time to put that one to bed. Emporers new clothes going on here. That was a pasting however you cut it. I don’t believe he watched Spurs the other night. They played exactly the same, exploiting the same gaps. This time they took all their chances. A tactical disaster from minute 1. They were half a yard quicker to everything. We were always chasing and stretching. It was actually embarrassing.

Is it worth it sometimes, giving a player a break? Say for the next game Pickford was rested/dropped just to show him if he doesn't perform he won't keep his place, to many players nowadays seen to carry on playing even if they aren't performing.

I'm normally the first person to call for the manager's head when things aren't going well, but today was a total aberration. We've actually played well in recent weeks. Even at Anfield we were worth at least a draw. Let's not have a kopite-esque meltdown because of one heavy defeat.

its not just one heavy defeat tho is it George..

its several , abject performances, even before anfield.

the team is just not showing any signs of progression at all.

we look knackered , and the results seem to be pointing toward this also.

Silva imo is very much like Martinez in style of play, Martinez's problem was he didn't know what to do when things were going wrong then it just got worse and worse, Koeman was the same. Moyes was a lot better a recovery got back to basics and we improved. Where I hope Silva is different is I hope he get use back to the basics and we can start to build again ( but his end at Watford worries me) but time will tell.
We do seem to be on a very rapid decline at the moment. I genuinely can't see us beating anyone on current form.

Don’t care how anyone excuses it, booing our own players at every given opportunity and groaning at every misplaced pass is genuinely harming our club

This always gets greeted with ‘grown men should react better’ but the point is, they don’t. It’s a joke , Koeman absolutely could not be arsed with Everton because of it , the players must drive home every game and tell their birds that our fans are crap.

They hate playing at home , they’re nervous and jittery. It absolutely stands out a mile , imagine if you was sat at your desk every day doing spreadsheets and your boss just started screaming at you when you made a mistake, it wouldn’t endear him to you at all. It’s absolutely mental behaviour.

We all slate our weird red creature cousins for acting like anything in red is the best thing in the history of mankind , but their players love playing for them, they’re top of the league and we’ve just lost 6-2 at home to Spurs. If they had our squad they would be higher in the league than we are now , not just because of ref decisions - but because they don’t actively discourage their own team.

Proper genuinely weird behaviour. Imagine booing your own players every week. The most absolutely odd thing ever.

I look at it the opposite way. Coleman interferes too much that Walcott is driven inside. When Coleman is getting forward it is also up to either the CB to cover or one of the midfielders. McCarthy used to do that well with Coleman.
Good point, McCarthy would be a good option to have ATM, how close us he to fitness?

We do seem to be on a very rapid decline at the moment. I genuinely can't see us beating anyone on current form.
We did mess up against Watford and Newcastle but genuinely we have been ok against the lower teams, so next game I expect us to do ok, but getting beaten by the top teams is sort if expected, but getting spanked like today is going to harm our progress. We've got a log if hard games out of the way now do let's hope we can pick up some wins in the easier games. I still expect us to finish 7th or 8th.

Don’t care how anyone excuses it, booing our own players at every given opportunity and groaning at every misplaced pass is genuinely harming our club

This always gets greeted with ‘grown men should react better’ but the point is, they don’t. It’s a joke , Koeman absolutely could not be arsed with Everton because of it , the players must drive home every game and tell their birds that our fans are crap.

They hate playing at home , they’re nervous and jittery. It absolutely stands out a mile , imagine if you was sat at your desk every day doing spreadsheets and your boss just started screaming at you when you made a mistake, it wouldn’t endear him to you at all. It’s absolutely mental behaviour.

We all slate our weird red creature cousins for acting like anything in red is the best thing in the history of mankind , but their players love playing for them, they’re top of the league and we’ve just lost 6-2 at home to Spurs. If they had our squad they would be higher in the league than we are now , not just because of ref decisions - but because they don’t actively discourage their own team.

Proper genuinely weird behaviour. Imagine booing your own players every week. The most absolutely odd thing ever.

Bang on the money. What's the point of booing players who aren't Premier League quality? They don't buy/ pick themselves. Our own fault for bigging them up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back