Match Thread Everton v Tottenham Hotspur - Team Prediction, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Spurs must be as frustrating a side to their supporters as Everton are to us. They're always up around the top, but never get the job done. Tottenham that!

I give us a chance given their 'attack no matter what' game.

It will give us counterattack opportunities and we just have to start taking our chances.

We create plenty of them, but haven't converted enough, and the law of averages says that will change. Soon, I hope.

Spurs must be as frustrating a side to their supporters as Everton are to us. They're always up around the top, but never get the job done. Tottenham that!

I give us a chance given their 'attack no matter what' game.

It will give us counterattack opportunities and we just have to start taking our chances.

We create plenty of them, but haven't converted enough, and the law of averages says that will change. Soon, I hope.
We were right up with them trying to break into the big 4 at the time under Moyes weren’t we? Then they had a dodgy left back kid Bale turn into a world class forward, Kane come through their youth system and made clever signings like Modric.
We on the other hand had Barkley come through our youth system and ditch us for no money and then Moshiri came in and we bought a load of crap.

DCL to score and do his best impression of Neal Maupay doing his best impression of a James Maddison goal celebration. Bullseye!

Mighty Blue Evertons 1 - 0 Spursy Spurs

Match starts at 0430 tomorrow San Diego time. Won’t be awake. Usually my alarm, on weekdays, does go off at 0430. (Screenshot on iPhone 15 pro)
IMG_3065.png

Godfrey had a decent game at rb last time out....but I've seen him play full back often enough to know he's not a long term solution there so I hope he doesn't start there

Correct, though I do not believe they are. We played them off the park at their ground and only VA bloody R cost at least a point.
Dyche is a really good manager. Give him a few quid to spend and we are away.
The point I'm making is that if we lose, I wouldn't be surprised given the team that they are. Yes, we could cause an upset and I'm optimistic that we do, but if we lose, its still to a very good team ( and I really hate Spurs but they are a top team)