Match Thread Everton v Tottenham Hotspur - Team Prediction, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wait when did Mason move to Sheff U?
mason holgate played 5 league games for southampton

5-0 debut defeat to sunderland - he lasted 64 minutes
2-1 defeat to Middlesbrough - he lasted 45 minutes
1-0 win against Stoke - he came off the bench in the 93rd minute
2-2 draw with Preston - played full game
2-1 win against West Brom - played full game

he hasn't played a league game for southampton since that win against west brom on 11th November 2023, almost 3 months ago

he was probably fed up at southampton and demanded to come back so we tried to see if we could find another loan for him in january and sheffield united were interested

think we initially wanted a fee which put sheffield united off but i guess we must have given in on deadline day and said to them fine no fee just take him off our hands for the rest of the season

The point I'm making is that if we lose, I wouldn't be surprised given the team that they are. Yes, we could cause an upset and I'm optimistic that we do, but if we lose, its still to a very good team ( and I really hate Spurs but they are a top team)
I always sort of liked them. Hoddle days and it always seemed a good game against them.

I thought Gana Gueye (MOTM), Garner, as well as Young & Godfrey (particularly their link-up play, which seemed pretty decent) played well today. We conceded in those split moments we fell asleep and didn't exactly deserve a win, but it's a fantastic point against a very well drilled outfit.

I really enjoyed the game today which is probably more of a sign of the dross we've been served up too often this season. I late late Everton goal always helps though!

I've gone for Gana Gueye a MOTM today as he annoyed the hell out of Madison for large parts of the game and kept him pretty quiet really.

I really enjoyed the game today which is probably more of a sign of the dross we've been served up too often this season. I late late Everton goal always helps though!

I've gone for Gana Gueye a MOTM today as he annoyed the hell out of Madison for large parts of the game and kept him pretty quiet really.
He covered the back line really well I thought. Slowly beginning to think that Gana Gueye partnering with Garner may be the best midfield partnership going forward, seems more effective than Garner alongside Onana.

Proud of them today,Gueye gave a performance reminiscent of his first spell here, remarkable given his age and only recently getting back from Africa,Young's best performance so far in a Blue shirt too, couldn't knock any of them really,poorish first goal we gave away although richarlison took it ever so well,second one out of nothing,although I'd like to see it again as I'm sure there was a foul on Gueye in the build up,Oliver just being Oliver as usual,a little snapshot a spurs player kicks the ball away after a free kick,Oliver immediately turns his back so he doesn't have to book him, absolute beaut he is🙄