Match Thread Everton v Watford - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is nothing more certain than him scoring his first Watford goal against us.
His last league goal is still that one at Goodison for Bournemouth on the final day they got Relegated in July last year, and that was a pen, who takes the pens for Watford lol

Sounded like Richy wasn't fully ready to lead the line alone, so I'd expect....
Pickford
Coleman, Godfrey, Keane, Digne
Townsend, Allan, Davies, Gray
Rondon, Richarlison

With Richarlison moving out left and gray moving into the #10 role depending on how the game is going. This should be in the 'expected win' column so two strikers would not be a bad thing, Davies playing deeper than Allan who would be allowed a little more license than usual.

Sounded like Richy wasn't fully ready to lead the line alone, so I'd expect....
Pickford
Coleman, Godfrey, Keane, Digne
Townsend, Allan, Davies, Gray
Rondon, Richarlison

With Richarlison moving out left and gray moving into the #10 role depending on how the game is going. This should be in the 'expected win' column so two strikers would not be a bad thing, Davies playing deeper than Allan who would be allowed a little more license than usual.

Gray is available is he?

That's a relief if so

Benitez Pre Watford Press Conference

Benitez on DCL

To be fair we have some issues but we are bringing players back little by little and hopefully more coming soon. Dominic has had another injury, How long he will be out, we will need to see. It depends on how he reacts to the treatment but we won't see him for 4-5 weeks

Benitez on Richarlison being in contention for Watford game
He has been training. He's okay. Obviously the match fitness is an issue but he's happy and he's available

Benitez on Steve Bruce
My relationship with Newcastle United fans is fantastic so I have very good memories. I cannot say too much but I do not like to see any manager lose his job. The fans were good with me but you don't want to see anyone losing his job.

Benitez On Ranieri
I met him between 1993/1997, I don’t know exactly the year. I went to see him when he was manager of Fiorentina. I have a good relationship with Claudio because he treated me well and we have been friends since then, "He's a very good professional, has passion & loves football. I think he's a very good manager, a very good person and a good friend.

Benitez On big chance stats
I'm really pleased. It's a pity we lost the last game because it could be a bit better. I think it's a great compliment for the team and the way we are working as a team

Benitez also confirms Yerry Mina out for Saturday's game
Always I say that I don't like to lie, Yerry Mina was playing three games with the national team, coming back he felt his hamstring in training the other day so he won't be available

Benitez On Doucoure absence
I think that we didn't start well [vs West Ham]. We changed at half time, the team improved, still we had chances and we concede. Doucoure is someone who has a lot of energy, how can we replace him? With someone with the same passion and energy."

Benitez on Lewis Dobbin's first-team prospects
I'm really pleased with him. He's doing well... He's close. How close? In a difficult game, he cannot be. If it's an easy game, maybe he can. He will have his opportunity if he keeps working in the way that he is
He gives a good presser. I know people don't like him, even hate him. Personally, I quite like him.

#IBWT

So certain starters who are absentees tomorrow:
Mina, Doucoure, DCL

Others:
Gomes? Delph, Gylfi.

the difference those first 3 players make to the quality of the starting XI is crazy.

the drop off in quality of their replacements is huge.

Status
Not open for further replies.