Match Thread Everton v Watford - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can see a hugely difficult game here. Too many influential players out, and no doubt Rafael will inexplicitly continue to play his best friend Rondon up front. No Mina, Doucouré, DCL, Richarlison probably not fully fit or at least not fully match fit, Digne and Coleman offering little in terms of attacking,etc. Watford fresh off a humiliating 5-0 home defeat against Liverpool. If they get the first goal it's going to be a pretty toxic atmosphere.
Thought so. Although didn't think it would be that embarrassing.

Gave motm to Richarlison, at least looks like a striker. I'm sorry to say this but Benitez made a total mess of that today. He is too stubborn and egotistical to admit that he made a mistake in spending the summer trying to sign Rondon.

The selection for this game was poor, everyone, apart from Benitez, will have realised by now that Rondon is a waste of space. The substitutions were bizarre, Gordon and Gray, two of our better performers, were hooked while Rondon was left on waddling about in his deep sea diver's lead boots. An absolute joke.

2:5 at home to Watford oh dearie me.

No idea how he's managed to make a career out of it here for so long to be honest.

A truly dreadful player, he's got absolutely nothing about him, he's absolutely thick (see that pass at old Trafford) and he dresses like a 70's pimp.

I don't think he'd get a game at Tranmere so how he's been here so long I'll never know.
Honestly mate he’s so bad it’s unbelievable really. I play football myself and I know if I was his age and fit I’m a better player than him and am not even exagerrating. He’s pathetic

Imagine thinking a team that consists of Coleman Allan Davies Iwobi Rondon Gordon Holgate Davies is anything more than a bottom tier side

Today was a horror show but genuinely we are no better than the likes of Villa or Palace fighting away at the bottom

The thing that separated us from those teams was DCL and Rico, two players easily good enough to play in a CL side, with both of those out (one just back from injury) and our only quality CM missing we are watching a side with zero threat and a weak centre

This is the reason we were better off getting Benitez rather than a riskier manager like Potter. He will batten down the hatches and keep us away from trouble, which is the best we can hope for with our paper thin squad.

Imagine if we'd have played against a decent side today?

Zonal marking a disaster again, no substitutions or changes as we were falling apart in front of him.

Another showing like that and its over for him.

…as @LinekersLegs pointed out last week, we can’t defend set pieces. Jagielka said they did so much work on them under Moyes everybody knew exactly what they were doing and we didn’t conceded from one for two years.

With the advent of VAR, I thought there might have been a shift to man marking as it’s not as easy to block defenders but we are dreadful without DCL at the front post.

E7PWZGqXIAIP-0Q.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.