Homepage Update: Everton v West Ham... Match Report and MotM Poll...

Everton Man of the Match

• Jordan Pickford

Votes: 26 7.4%
  • Cuco Martina

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Ashley Williams

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mason Holgate

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Jonjoe Kenny

Votes: 25 7.1%
  • Tom Davies

• Idrissa Gana Gueye

• Aaron Lennon

• Gylfi Sigurdsson

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Wayne Rooney

Votes: 287 81.8%
  • Dominic Calvert-Lewin

• Beni Baningime

• Ademola Lookman

• Nikola Vlasic

Votes: 1 0.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
100%, he looked much more comfortable doing his own thing with Rooney's intelligence and Davies's tenacity next to him didn't he.

I like Rooney in midfield in a 4-3-3
I like him no.10 in a 4-4-1-1

but not in the 4-5-1 or 4-2-3-1

He still looks like he prefers being a midfield playmaker - and neither no10 or no9 seems to work for him.
It really is hard to imagine how Barkley, Klassen or Sigurdsson can play alongside him still. but i'd like to see it!

Yesterday i only watched the highlights, but Kenny, Davies, DCL all looked decent

Like the feller behind me said, Coleen was Man of the match. she takes Wayne back, lets him have a bit of the old squidgy and he is playing like a 20 year old! God bless her! :)

But other than Coleen, it was Wayne with special mentions to Jordan, (as other have said that save was a game changer) and Jonjoe, who i honestly thought looked every inch a premiership full back. However, i also think some of his credit should go to Aaron Lennon, who ran his nuts off to make sure Jonjoe was never stranded. i was made up at his performance too.

saw the match on tv. I pick up Pickford as his penalty save was the real turning point of the match as the defense was really under pressure in the beginning of second half....

Goodison was rocking again last night. Love the old Lady with lights on. The Park Lane played its part too and were really loud at times.

Long drive home for me but worth every minute. Buzzing all day today.

100%, he looked much more comfortable doing his own thing with Rooney's intelligence and Davies's tenacity next to him didn't he.
Yeah, it definitely seemed like he enjoyed being back to his role and not relied on to go forward as well.

He essentially took the Schneiderlin role of primary DM, and Rooney moved into Gueyes role of the one who pushes forward. When asked the question of who would you like surging from behind the play into attack, Rooney, or Gueye, thats an easy choice, and it fits both well.

The 4-0 is not by far a fair result. We were poor the whole game, West Ham had an 80-20 possesssion for the first 20 minutes of the 2nd half, we didn't create a single chance outside the goals (1 lucky pen, 1 corner, 1 shot from the half way line). The only positive is we didn't concede, against the worst side in the league. Don't get too positive, we'll lose again on Saturday.

Some of your comments and my thoughts on the match + Evertonians outside Goodison giving us their opinions on the new manager in the latest GrandOldTeam Pod:

The 4-0 is not by far a fair result. We were poor the whole game, West Ham had an 80-20 possesssion for the first 20 minutes of the 2nd half, we didn't create a single chance outside the goals (1 lucky pen, 1 corner, 1 shot from the half way line). The only positive is we didn't concede, against the worst side in the league. Don't get too positive, we'll lose again on Saturday.
What a strange post. A lot of "we"s in it from someone who obviously isn't a fan. Go back to your own team's forum if you haven't got anything sensible to say.

Folks, if you haven't already done, there is still time to cast your vote for the Man of the Match from Wednesday.

Every vote counts for the game, the month and ultimately towards the GOT Player of the Season !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.