Match Thread Everton v West Ham United - Team Prediction, Waffle, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Funnily enough I enjoyed today. At least we had shots on target which surprised me and we had a go. That's were the good bits end. West Ham there for the taking. Our attack was powder puff passing the ball into the keepers hands on more than one occasion. The penalty miss stating the obvious was pivotal.
But hey ho we knew how that was going to end up.
My main point is that the crowd knew that as well. Tired, disillusioned and at times disinterested.
I'm going to say we will stay up, just, but not because of our performances but because of events elsewhere.

these last two matches were a real kick in the mouth. Should have gotten at least 3 points from winning positions and would have felt a lot safer.

Our game management is awful! We play like we’re losing when we’re winning and when we’re losing we play like we’re dying. We had 3 set pieces after they went 2-1 up, couldn’t beat the first man. When we were 1-0 up, Pickford had the ball and could have slowed it down but instead got McNeil going and he lost the ball they countered and won a corner

Funnily enough I enjoyed today. At least we had shots on target which surprised me and we had a go. That's were the good bits end. West Ham there for the taking. Our attack was powder puff passing the ball into the keepers hands on more than one occasion. The penalty miss stating the obvious was pivotal.
But hey ho we knew how that was going to end up.
My main point is that the crowd knew that as well. Tired, disillusioned and at times disinterested.
I'm going to say we will stay up, just, but not because of our performances but because of events elsewhere.
Yep,our general play second half was more in keeping with a home game,at least in the main we played on the front foot,our general finishing/shooting is woeful and always will let the opposition in especially in these type of games.

This has been our problem at home all season. We hammer teams and still get beat shows how limited we are wouldn't surprise me if we got a result next week it's madness. Under moyes we played well and won games at home and but weren't great away but dyche doesn't change it from home to away. That being said how we have been beaten at home so much this season in games that without doubt years gone by we destroy them is so frustrating

If you're like me, every season there's a game or two that you see right there in real time as being damaging and telling for that moment in time and that have an effect for the season remaining. Today I have seen one of those games. Today's result is damaging.

Things about todays game;

We played well, much better than West Ham, who came away with a 1-3 victory, I still can’t put my finger on it.

We got a penalty, but not because of Craig Pawson, who I am convinced one day will be in jail for bribery. There’s just too many fouls which either aren’t fouls at all or he gives to the opposition. He never gave our pen, I was sat in the Gwladys and I knew it was a pen straight away.

Beto should never of been on the penalty. Someone more technical like Garner or someone like Tarky. However, let’s have it right, nothing goes for us, the keeper dives the other way, it’s a great pen.

That’s Leno, Sa and Areola who have all had wordly games at Goodison and nicked 3 points. Surly one of these games goes for us and we are 4 or 5 to the good. For the goalkeeper starts pulling off Worldy saves.

Jack Harrison keeps losing the ball, and McNeil looks like he needs to sit down and watch videos of how he used to play. Weak finish for his shot which should put us 2 up, however the keeper managers to save the ball behind him and not even really looking at it.

As soon as they scored Dyche called 2 subs back from warming up to get them on the pitch, seriously why? What’s the point?

We have conceded a worldy goal against Palace and basically the same thing against West Ham, how do you stop them? I suppose you can’t but the idea is being out of sight when them worldy goals happen. We look devoid of ideas when it comes to putting the ball away. I would play Dobbin and Chemitit all day if they can inject or pace, drive and hopefully a finish or two.

I still can’t believe we have lost that game. Was it a bit naive of Dyche? At 1-0 up should he have gone 5 at the back and defended the lead? I know that’s what he should have done against Brighton, if you can’t win a game don’t lose. We threw it away today.

A shout out to the lad I sat next to in the Gwladys today, he turned to me at full time and said ‘I’ve come all the way from York for this’, I felt so sorry for him. Fair play to you mate! All the best!
I spoke to a middle aged couple, man and wife, after the game, they had come from Plymouth to watch the Blues, felt like crying for them. I travelled five bus stops and felt gutted, they had to travel all the way home to Plymouth after that performance.

Carlton Morris, Luton, has scored 8 PL goals this season and cost about £2M. Can you imagine the anger if a player like that was linked with Everton? But, we could really do with those goals

One thing to come out of this team is young brainthwaite is too good for us he is one outstanding player and I would go as far as to says he's not even half way to this ceiling of his
One stray pass in the game and that was the only thing that he did wrong as far as I could see.
Sad to say but him, Onana maybe Pickford off in the summer. That'll be our only source of cash for new players next term.