Everton v Wigan. Saturday 11th December @ 15.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I meant he's either off the should or in the box, I know the difference.

As for Saha....ever thought he's been instructed to do this?

Clock on to how many times Saha is in the box compared to Cahill in the second half.

If Saha has been instructed to drop into central midfield, then Moyes is even more of a spanner than I thought. Instead, my bet is that he's supposed to be dropping into wide channels but by and large has been too narrow. The two occasions he's drifted into a wide channel correctly he's set up chances for Pienaar.

If Saha has been instructed to drop into central midfield, then Moyes is even more of a spanner than I thought. Instead, my bet is that he's supposed to be dropping into wide channels but by and large has been too narrow. The two occasions he's drifted into a wide channel correctly he's set up chances for Pienaar.

well what ever hes been told it isnt working!! so moyes should tell him to fooking stop doing it know!

52 Mins: Louis Saha has had a rocket lit up his arse second half. Wonderful interplay between the Frenchman and Coleman gifts a chance for Cahill but its dragged wide of the 'keepers left post.

He's gone to the channels a few times this game...

And Yakubu does the same. Andy Johnson before that also....

I've seen it too often by different types of strikers for it to be something they've have been told to do.

He's gone to the channels a few times this game...

And Yakubu does the same. Andy Johnson before that also....

I've seen it too often by different types of strikers for it to be something they've have been told to do.

That's what an advanced forward is supposed to do - play into the channels and look for space behind the last man; NOT drop deep towards midfield in a straight line. That's what Saha was doing first half, or simply standing still, hence my criticism.

As I said, the few times Saha has actually worked a channel this game he's looked semi-decent.

That's what an advanced forward is supposed to do - play into the channels and look for space behind the last man; NOT drop deep towards midfield in a straight line. That's what Saha was doing first half, or simply standing still, hence my criticism.

As I said, the few times Saha has actually worked a channel this game he's looked semi-decent.

But he's drifting wide too often...

My point is I believe Cahill should be doing that and not Saha...he needs to be in the box and he hardly is.

The good thing about Beckford is that he wont do that dropping deep or wide channel work.

Status
Not open for further replies.