Match Thread Everton v Wolverhampton Wanderers - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Faults on the players.

Danjuma, Doucoure, Tarkowski all had by prem standards sitters and missed them.

That said, Dyche's system defensively right now is going to get us sent down.

Happens time and time again on the counter, we leave the wings wide open as the ball is then either crossed in or passed in to an open gap as we're constantly reacting due to playing so narrow.

It's a horrendous way to defend modern football that heavily relies on wide players stretching the pitch to allow for midfield runners.

Agreed that we look better going forward (without the goalscorer) but his job is also to set the team up not to concede and we’ve conceded 6 in 3 games and not scored. We look woeful defensively, no urgency from the midfielders to help out defensively and abysmal full backs. Dyche is the one that sets them up, and they clearly aren’t doing it. He can’t continue with the same side and the same tactics defensively because it’s simply doesn’t work.
But he hasn’t continued with the same side: he made changes today.

And as you quite rightly point out, our players are abysmal. Who else does he play at left back? Mykolenko? He was horrendous last season. And who plays at right back?

His hands are tied behind his back by terrible recruitment, yet he still manages to set his team up to create more chances than we concede (with the obvious exception of the Villa game where he admitted he got it wrong). He can’t do much more than that.

so bedwetting is a term you would use to call out people who think we are in deep Sht after 3 losses and no goal which is the worst start in our history.... following last chance escapes in the last 2 seasons. 😆 🤣 😂.
We played well today and against Fulham, we’ve got players to come back from injury, it’s 3 games ffs, if it was April I’d be joining the bedwetters, I can’t remember anybody being relegated after 3 games.

Positivity (really?)
Branthwaite looked x times better than Keane (he'll probably get injured in the midweek tie) Yes Branthewaite looked boss
Dobbin held his own against a Portuguese international full back No he was marked out the game
Doucoure had one of his MotM games Yes he was covering most of the pitch

Added: if DCL, McNeil, Iwobi and Harrison return from injury and we sign an auxiliary striker, we might be OK. Yes, might be, but will be playing catch up and we don't win many

We played well today and against Fulham, we’ve got players to come back from injury, it’s 3 games ffs, if it was April I’d be joining the bedwetters, I can’t remember anybody being relegated after 3 games.
2 easier home games have scored no goals, played well means nothing to me. That level of finishing this season is a disgrace have every right to be angry

I don’t blame the manager for much of our current situation but he does really need to address our set pieces.

We had a decent set of corners and if we aren’t scoring from open play then those chances are even more important to get right.
The lack of variety allowed Sa to set himself to come out every time. Whoever the taker is under instruction to take those style set pieces as well so its an issue that should be solved in the dressing room

Status
Not open for further replies.