Match Thread Everton v Wolverhampton Wanderers - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope dyche has warned our 4 midfielders that when players return from Injury that there will only be 3 centre mids max at any one time and those 4 need to be proving they should be the ones to start.
Currently they are walking into the team and have no desire to bust their arses.

He hasn't but he's a striker and better than Maupay was just my point. The option is there. Shouldn't be loaning him out unless we buy another.
Think they want to when the next forward comes in. It's just taking an age like all Everton transfers.

Cannon won't play a minute before going out on loan if it can be helped.

Got no wingers. Not that Garner should be played there, not a massive fan of that.

Until we get a decent striker it's Danjuma up top and Dobbin the only fit winger.
I’d have Dobbin up too and Danjuma on the wing.
Dobbin scored for fun in the u23’s and Danjuma always naturally gravitates to the wing.

I think Danjuma is better out wide where he can get on the ball and make things happen, but at least he’s starting. Hopefully sneak a 1-0 from a set piece.

That's probably the best available team for us. Not great but not sure who else he could have gone with

I agree,

Hopefully Garner can do a job nulifying Neto or whoever else they have that side (amazed they're not playing Al-Nouri as he can get forward).

Dobbin is someone new and players fans can get behind and Danjuma at least gives the option of quick high balls over the top.

Actually more surprised with what Wolves have put out, thought they'd tried to lock down midfield but it's more of a 4-2-3-1 so O'Neill clearly thinks can just run through but I think there are ways to exploit that system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back