Everton vs Boro (5.30, Saturday 17th Sept)

Status
Not open for further replies.

@chicoazul

giphy.gif

An amazing opportunity to secure what would be an amazing start to the season. Got a few nice fixtures before a tough run in. As long as we win these type of games, compete against the toughest away opponents, we could be in a nice position by January, where I'd expect us to make some necessary signings, both to cover ACON departures and to improve the areas we failed to this summer. But we have to be winning games like this, though there's no easy game in this league.

i remember going back when boro won the league cup and they came to goodison.

the fans were buzzing off the fact they had won it, leading to everton fans laughing at them and pointing out the honours list they could find inside their programme.

the game finished 1-1 from what i remember, nemeth for them (or he was the one who came on and went off not long later injured) and it was a pretty poor game.

But highlight for me was the constant micky taking out of the fans, even had a chant going of there is only 2 stripey jumpers, after two boro fans turned up wearing the same jumper.

Shouldn't drop Mirallas or Bolasie from the 3 behind Rom as they are the ones that set up goals. That leaves Ross and Geri for the other spot.

Toss up for me. Get Ross against a weaker team after being subbed and hope there's fire in his belly or leave him on the bench and let him know he doesn't walk in to the starting eleven just because he's the only "true #10" we have.

I'd say after the last game Del should be starting ahead of Barkley.

This competition can only be a good thing - both in terms of keeping the players physically fresh and also mentally competitive.

I'd say after the last game Del should be starting ahead of Barkley.

This competition can only be a good thing - both in terms of keeping the players physically fresh and also mentally competitive.

Absolutely, keep the momentum going!! plus Mirallas looked very at home in that position

Hopefully Barkley coming on with 20 mins to go will be chomping at the bit too....

Same team that started on Monday please. Give Barkley one more chance in the starting line up to prove himself but if he doesn't improve his game, sub him for Gerry as soon as possible. Also, surely Valencia is going to be a much better back-up striker compared to Kone?

Status
Not open for further replies.