Match Thread Everton vs Chelsea - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
83% sure it’s 5 at the back tomorrow
If Gana and Onana are somehow registered in time, then a 3 CB system might work.

With a choice of Allan, Davies, Doucoure, Iwobi, Gbamin and Gomes though? Can't risk only playing 2 midfielders. And for clarity, I'm not asking a 532 or a 352.

Hoping for a 433, with Tarkowski's influence being enough to steady the back 4. Doucoure and Iwobi as box to box mids either side of Gbamin as the 6. McNeil RW, Gordon LW, Alli as a false 9

My guess is:

Pickford
Godfrey Mina Tarky
Patterson Doucoure Iwobi Myko
Gray Dele Gordon

McNeil to get half an hour. Vinagre will come on if we’re chasing. Michael Keane on up front last 10 to snatch the equaliser.

Very difficult to figure out how this will turn out. Any of the three possible outcomes would not surprise me. What does seem certain is that we will be getting stronger in the coming weeks so no need to panic if there is a setback tomorrow
Think this is key, whatever happens today, it’s a one-off and we’ll be a different beast once the midfield is upgraded.

First game of a new season is always duff for us but fancy a point. McNeill for us. Just don’t make it easy for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.