Match Thread Everton vs Crystal Palace Sat, 28 Sept 3pm

Both sides have started slowly, but Palace do have some quality that we don't.

Would be a big win this if we can manage it.

Most of their quality is actually bang out of form. Adam Wharton hasn't hit the same heights as end of last season and was subbed at half time v Man. United along with Mateta so partly injury and also adapting to new formation as with Nkeiteh signing they've gone to two upfront.

Eze still the hub of things but beaten them in previous seasons with him in there e.g. the 3-2 at Selhurst.

Guehi was excellent at the weekend but again they are adapting at the back after selling Joachim Andersen to Fulham.

Need to be winning these type of games at Goodison sooner or later but that's where throwing away the last three games when leading will impact as the crowd will be very nervous even if leading 1-0 with ten left now.

That sort of win needs to be ground out sooner or later otherwise the pressure will continue building.

We have a good record against them recently and they have started the season poorly. No excuse to not win this one.

Dyche teams generally tend to match up well v likes of Palace, Forest and Brentford regardless of the form they're in when playing them. Took 16 points from the six games last season and also took 4 points off Brentford-Palace in the 22-23 run in. He also had a good record v Brentford and Palace when he was Burnley manager.

Can't be writing off games against teams this club still has a favourable record against in last three years, one defeat v Palace in last eight if you include the cup games.

I'd go for the same, but with:
Dixon for Garner
Tim for Doucs
I thought Doucoure was very good at Leicester, i'd be tempted to keep him in there

Don't know re Garner/Dixon, still be a bit of a risk with Dixon I think, would probably go with Garner's experience - Patterson could be available, but think itll probably be too early for him to start

Hopefully Mykolenko to start in place of Young and Dixon at RB but still don’t mind Garner there tbh. Lindstrom should definitely start ahead of Harrison. Need as much threat as possible going forward.

Everton will dominate Palace in the air with the Eagles losing every two of three aerial challenges recently.

We will need runners beyond DCL for flick ons, nevermind holding onto it and building.

We should be licking our lips for set pieces and Palace concede lots of corners so we need to be on our game with these.

Pickford

Patterson
Tarkowski
Branthwaite
Young

Gardner
Mangala

Lindstrom
McNeil
Ndiaye

DCL

Everton 5 Extortioners Palace 0

NSNO
💙

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back