Everton Vs Juventus 1st August KO 04:00 BST

Status
Not open for further replies.
I streamed the unofficial one onto a big screen too - no problem. The official one though just died after 10 minutes - no amount of refreshing / logging in again did anything to resolve it. Utter ****e from the club. Will be making a complaint.

Must be the clubs fault mate, must be.

I was in bed but awake when the game started. I woke at 3.45am but couldn't get back to sleep (I've had shoulder surgery and I always wake up in pain, making it difficult to relax). I have the pre-season package but when I saw it was a Thursday game I thought it meant US time! I can't believe I've been up since 4.30 catching up on my online Scrabble games when all the time I could have been watching the game! :(

Hopefully, that feller who put up the rerun of the Blackburn game on Youtube will do the same with this game.

Fellaini was a non-issue. Actually thought the first half suited Gibson well. Moved the ball along and was calm in possession. After he subbed out (and not to pick on Ossie - he needs to be on the wing in this set-up), Everton lost their form and got sloppy in the middle back. Thought Gibbo looked a bit spry actually.

Is it just the bourbon? Be honest.
Personally I think it is. Gibson's worst preseason game for me.

I thought Felli and Gibbo looked all at sea and under pressure in this sytem (as did Osman). Both have to work much harder and have less time on the ball and consequently both lost the ball an awful lot more than usual. They recieve the ball in their own half with facing their own goal so much more than uusal and so are getting caught turning or are forced backwards / sideways which keeps us under pressure. Not a good game for either player from a performance point of view but excellent from a learning point of view for the team and manager.

Fair play to Juventus for making this happen.

Last edited:

I was in bed but awake when the game started. I woke at 3.45am but couldn't get back to sleep (I've had shoulder surgery and I always wake up in pain, making it difficult to relax). I have the pre-season package but when I saw it was a Thursday game I thought it meant US time! I can't believe I've been up since 4.30 catching up on my online Scrabble games when all the time I could have been watching the game! :(

Hopefully, that feller who put up the rerun of the Blackburn game on Youtube will do the same with this game.
Unlucky mate, hope you get well soon.

Just seen pen on you tube.
There are only a few things you can do with a penalty - but that's the best thing.........

Wow

Oh come on GSG, you can't deny that was a great runout and a great result against the best team in Italy?

It was perfectly fine for a preseason game, I haven't been on some downer the whole match...but I do see some things that worry me...not massively, but ours is a league that thrives on punishing basic mistakes. Please remember I actually sounded out the wingback thing quite a while back because of the players we had. I like what we're doing, it's just pretty ropey at times. That's what preseason's for, after all.

Sky Sports & BBC are sh*t. I know it was a 4am K.O but neither site has any kind of report or even a scoreline yet..

Yeah, when I woke up at 4.05 and checked the app it still said kick-off time was 4 I thought it meant it was tomorrow.

Nearly ruined the whole thing for me as I got back into bed and was going to try and sleep until I saw it being talked about on here.

Just got up for work, seems we did well by all accounts. Pre-season maybe but i'm happy with a good result against an juggernaut italian force

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back